Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on rod holders?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on rod holders?

I'm interested in getting some rod holders. Would like some input on likes and dislikes regarding Driftmaters, Tite Loc, and the Bee Ready holders?

Thanks for any input!!

Craig

Post Thanks / Like

I have a tite-lok t bar 4 rod holder and am getting another soon, does the job and deffinetely seems like its built to last, Also supports rods well, I would like to know how the less expensive ringstyle holders hold up compare to tite-lok blackwidow's. Any one tried both styles?

mickey_46307 Guest

I just ordered tonight two Ultra Black widow Platforms with Rod holders. A little spicey but i had to take the plunge. I leave for Ky Lake (Jonathon Creek on the 16th of April. Will I miss the spawn? How many poles can you fish in KY. Intend on Spider rigging for the first time.

mickey_46307 Guest

Second time at Jonathon Creek and the fishing in middle of April was slow and the water was so muddy I'm suprised we caught anything. I can you all the help I can get. Especially this spider rigging method of fishing. Does anyone fish with a Vex?
    Any spots you can refer me back to?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

For my money the driftmaster are the best 4 pole setup. Eight inches high and totally adjustible.

The Tite LocUltimate Black Widow is a close second. 17-1/2 inches high, they have 4 pre set locations ,adjust to any angle, rotate 360° and lock into 12 different positions. The Tite-Loc shown are not availble from Bass Pro. That model is the only model nearly as stable as the Driftmaster. I own 2 sets of each. Because of the height difference each has it's place. I found the Black Widows sold by Bass Pro to be less sturdy than desireable for tightlining. The Ultimate has a different base and larger pole and frame.The rod holders are the same.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

On the tite loks I have from bass pro the set screw on the base works its way loose when I run down the lake. I'm afraid it will loosen up and fly out at high speed . It would hurt if it hit me or a passenger. I wish I had bought the Ultimate. I been thinking about trying to sell the one I have and buying two Ultimates. Plus the base doesn't stick up two inches on the Ultimate.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olelucky
    I'm interested in getting some rod holders. Would like some input on likes and dislikes regarding Driftmaters, Tite Loc, and the Bee Ready holders?

Thanks for any input!!

Craig
    Craig the best I have found are these I am giving you a link to. I also know many people swear by them. I have had mine since last summer and think they are great!

http://www.edswebshop.com/bee1.htm

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driftmaster

Craig, I've been using Driftmaster Rod Holders for quite some time, and I cannot think of anything that I don't like about these rod holders. I use them while spider-rigging, flat-lining, or doodling. They are durable and guaranteed for life against breakage. Its very important to get a very quick hookset, especially while spider-rigging. These holders enables me to grab the poles and lift straight up for an instant hookset, without having to pull the poles out of the holders before trying to set the hook and losing fish. I've never used Tite-Lok or other rod holders so I cannot answer you about those, but I'm completely happy with the Driftmaster holders and don't plan on trying anything else. Just my two cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. I like the look driftmasters but not real sure how I'm going set the rig up just yet.

Thanks again!!
    Last edited by olelucky; 03-28-2005 at 10:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast