Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bad weather on wylie sat. night.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad weather on wylie sat. night.

Got set up at dark and got a really good anchor in a cove off the main channel.Got lines in the water and ready to fish , when the wind began to blow , and blow , and blow....After about 30 minutes with the rods sideways in the wind , the wind blew us off our anchor and we never could really get it set.Decided it was not the night we intended to have so we left the lake.Just as I got the boat secured on the trailor the bottom fell out.Thats the only silver lining I could find , so there it is...No fish were caught , not even a bite.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

we always anchor with our bow into the wind or towards the open water where a problem wind usualy comes from, and fish off the sides toward the back. this will put your back to the wind which helps a lot. its rough fishing at night with your face into the wind. Its good to have an alternative location in mind incase the wind is gonna spoil one place, you can go to another. check the weather reports and see what they say the wind is gonna do and you can plan accordingly before you go out. sometimes tho, no matter what youve planned the wind will screw it up for you. but that is all a part of fishing,,,
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Rango , we were anchored into the wind(bow into the wind) and the anchor held good for half an hour.The weird thing was that we were facing into the cove we were in and the wind was blowing out of the cove.So in essence we were on the "right" side ,if there was one.this wind was blowing ahead of a big thunderhead and the rods were perpendicular to the boat so they caught a lot of the wind resistance.Being on a pontoon , I have one good side to fish off of(where all the rod holders are) because there is usually only two of us fishing.We use the other side for storage as I dont have any dry boxes or such for storage yet.I think the only thing that would have held those anchors would have been a rock or a tree or something of the like.Maybe next week.Till then Ill be "WORKING".I know how much you like that word.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

No matter how hard you try, some nights it all turns to mush... careful with that ugly word "work". makes me real nervous
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...