Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: To Tim Lippa Rippa outcome of Millwood

Post Thanks / Like

Default To Tim Lippa Rippa outcome of Millwood

What was the out come of CAST at Millwood tourny? Hope ya dune good.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Broke me, broke boat!

Once again, yet another 2,000 mile round trip journey is in the books for my tournament trail this year. Gas prices ranged from a high of $2.19 around the Kansas City area, to a low of $1.78 during a price wars taking place in DeQueen, AR. In retrospect, I wish I'd of been hauling a tanker instead of my boat for this trip!

Millwood offered several twists, challenges, and scares to all those competing at the event. With the fish being in an array of pre, post and full blown Spawning activities, the ever present threat of alligators, and the incredibly severe weather conditions, amazingly good stringers were still achieved.

Those teams which endured the high winds, unreal down pours and were able to remain in the wide open Cyprus stump fields of the main lake, seized the day. I, unfortunately was not among them on this go around. I succeeded in riding a wave to a nemisis of a stump which promptly busted a gaping hole in the transom of my boat effectively ending my day well before noon during the competition.

The well known team of McClish & McClish took top honors with a stringer of fish around the 16lb mark. They also managed to catch the top hog in a field of tough competitors with 2.5lb+ Razorback slab. At last count, 7 states were represented during this event and high spirits remained despite some teams being unable to produce even a single fish during the Monsoon. Many teams wisely chose to quit early, and avoid possible catastrophies.

Great thanks to the man upstairs! There were no serious injuries to report from those present and competing. Thats all from me for now. Time to lick the wounds, and head on to Eufaula, OK. Big weights, heavy competition, and poor weather are to be expected at this Sooner's state event. Great fishing to all! I hope to see you there! http://www.castamerica.com/Eufaula_05.htm

Tell them Tim sent ya!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, looks like you had a good show at Lake of Pines. Too bad about Milwood. Hope you get back in the water soon. Good luck at Eufaula. We aren't going to get out much til the Rathbun tourns. (might get to Mark Twain the 4th) I know what you mean on fuel prices, got a new "pull" a couple of months ago and diesel is running $2.25. Oh well, price you have to pay for fun!!!

Roger/Jacob
    If everyone concentrated on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, Be on the look at for a few of our club members at Oklahoma. I know for sure the team of Kruse and Irwin will be down there. I know there are a few others heading down there, good luck.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Ted, tell them to look me up down there. Should be some very serious competition for this one. You guys ought to come down too!

Hey Roger, long time no talk to. I'll see you at Rathbun if not before. You gonna break down & fish the CAST event there too? I never did get those stump coordinates from you! Heh heh! Post a report if you guys get down that way before tourny time. I'm betting that Rathbun will be a bonanza this year! Big bites to you guys, that is, unless you are fishing against me!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to get out of state and do some fishing. Also that is our Missouri fun tournament that saturday. If I run into any of them before they leave I will have them look you up.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Tim sorry ya had a bad time, glad ya knot hurt thought about ya'll all day Sat wishin I was there sea ya later

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, we are going to do Cast, CUSA, and Crappie Masters at Rathbun. Wife just give me "the eye" on back to back to back tournaments. I told her since Jacob's a senoir this year and off to college next year he might have to sit out a couple of years, so we are going to hit it this year. I'm not sure she's buying it, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it :D I'll keep you posted on any reports. Rathbun should be very good this year after seeing the turnaround it had last year.
    later Roger
    If everyone concentrated on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles. :D