Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin

Harold Guest

Cool Logan Martin

Hi All
    I have been lurking on this forum for about a year. Thank you all for the good Info.
    I will be going to Logan Martin Wed - Sun. I will be camping at Lakeside and fishing mostly the cropwell area. I have a Blue and white 16' Kenner center console and will be camping in a 30' Airstream if you are in the area stop by and swap some lies with me. I have a couple of holes in the area I fish mostly with live bait and at night.
    Keep the Logan Martin posts comming.

Harold

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you should have good weather. I think the only predicted chance of rain's on Friday. The dogwoods started blooming this past weekend, and it was 80 degrees, so it should be a great trip.

I haven't been crappie fishing lately, but the reports I've heard are good, and the bass were biting Friday.

Tight lines and have fun.

GR Ware Guest

Harold, you help show what a great sport fishing is. Fishermen share info and are open to other fishermen (who they don't know personally) to join them on the lake. Fishermen rarely meet stangers.
    George

Post Thanks / Like

Harold, I forgot to mention that the advisory against eating the crappie from Logan Martin has been lifted. They tested clean for PCBs in 2001, but an advisory remained in effect until they were tested and found clean last month. We've been throwing them all back, and that's why there are so many large fish.

If I get a chance, I'll try to stop by and say hello. Ed

Harold Guest

Default Eating Logan Martin Crappie

Quote Originally Posted by lmc
    Harold, I forgot to mention that the advisory against eating the crappie from Logan Martin has been lifted. They tested clean for PCBs in 2001, but an advisory remained in effect until they were tested and found clean last month. We've been throwing them all back, and that's why there are so many large fish.

If I get a chance, I'll try to stop by and say hello. Ed

Ed
    Thanks for the Info. Aint nothin better than a Crappie fresh out of the water. Look forward to meeting later in the week.