Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question on Spiderwire line..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on Spiderwire line..

Just bought my first spool of the spiderwire 15 lb. test / 4 lb. diameter, can the line be tied in any type of knot or do i have to tie a "special knot" ?? Line is called Spiderwire "Stealth", tracer yellow color. Going to be using this line primarily for verticle jig fishing. Any do's / don'ts with this line? Thanks for any replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lum. I haven't fished braided since I stopped bass fishing but I can tell you that I had to use a double palamare knot when fishing braided before. I tried spiderwire in the past when I was fishing braids and didn't really like it. I know that they have supposedly made a lot of changes to the line and one thing is for sure. You will bring home just about every hook or jig head you tied on with braided line. Not to mention much easier to feel a hit on the other end. Check the box to see if there is a certain knot that the company recommends for their line. I know in the past most braids had special instructions for knot tying. If not, and you have problems with the line slipping try the double palamare. I never had a problem with it slipping.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the same line your talking about. Except I use the 10 pound test @ two pound diameter. Also it is the low visible green. I just run the line through the eye of the jig and twist it several times ,then back through the loop. I have never had a problem with the "Stealth". I caught a 4 pound catfish yesterday,so if it is going to loosen, it would have then. I will say the the other Spiderwire in my opinion is not good for our application,too stiff.

Post Thanks / Like

Default braid

I use 8/1, 10/2 power pro and stren mono, intend to buy a large spool of Mr crappie Hi vis as its nice to see the line but its not as bright as spider wire Yellow which is good as I do not need it yet atleast.

I've used spiderwire before too, just be carefull with knots, if you pull to tight you will never get them out.
    Last edited by Crapbie; 03-27-2005 at 09:21 AM.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I use spider wire a lot bass fishing and on my crappie poles minnow fishing with float. I have always used a palomar knot and have never had a knot slip.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Crappie line is bad on memory. Other than it hold memory so bad I loved the line.