Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Norfork Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Norfork Arkansas

My wife and I and another couple are going to Lake Norfork April 9th thru the 16th. We are staying at Blackburn's Resort. Does anyone know if the crappie are starting to turn on ....what the water temp is..or any other things that can help us out. We have never been there before and can use any help...We will be staying close to Teal Point. Are there any spots in this general area that you would recommend? We have a GPS if anyone has any coordinates they would be willing to share. Thanks for any help...Kenny

One more question....does it get pretty windy there on a consistant basis? If so...would you suggest a drift sock...thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny
    My wife and I and another couple are going to Lake Norfork April 9th thru the 16th. We are staying at Blackburn's Resort. Does anyone know if the crappie are starting to turn on ....what the water temp is..or any other things that can help us out. We have never been there before and can use any help...We will be staying close to Teal Point. Are there any spots in this general area that you would recommend? We have a GPS if anyone has any coordinates they would be willing to share. Thanks for any help...Kenny

One more question....does it get pretty windy there on a consistant basis? If so...would you suggest a drift sock...thanks again.

Hello Kenny......if you don't get an answer here, try posting on the Arkansas state board. I've fished there before but it was so long ago any info I would provide would long since have been expired. It may expedite your answer if you posted on both! I know the fishing is good there, you'll have a great time......

As for the wind, it's not notorious for being windy, but like any other lake the wind can blow at any given time. No more than the space a sock takes, I would have it in the boat if you plan on drifting. At that time you will more than likely catch the spawn, and could do well fishing the brush. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

You will find a massive brushpile on the west side of Cranfield in the cove next to the old water tower. Start there. Also, just about ever water runoff cut on the banks will have a descent brushpile at the bottom of it. Also, ole Blackburn should point you in the right direction too. You can also give Troy a call at Three Oaks Resort and he might be able to put you on some crappie. If all else fails, watch for the walleye fishermen gathered up and fish for crappie between them and the nearest bank.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny

Steve at Blackburn's will have a map of the brush piles he has built. He drives or fishes most everyday and will point you to the right area.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead