Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Yippee

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Yippee

Hey Downwind,

I learned this technique from my granddaddy. He liked to throw a version of the "kentucky Rig" and the "Carolina Rig" for White Bass and also for Catfish. He would use chicken hearts, chicken liver and all that stuff. One day, while Crappie fishing he saw a fellah down stream was still catching fish pretty good. They struck up a friendship and began to share ideas to attract fish.

Anyway, to make a long story short take something that floats like a "Water noodle" children use in the swimming pool. Cut off a tiny bit of it and stuff it inside a 1.5 or 2.0 inch tube. Cut off a tiny bit of cotton off a cotton ball. Shove this also up into that tube.

This does several things.

It gives the tube a "wedgie" and makes it stay on your bare hook or jig longer.

On a Carolina Rig setup it "Floats" your hook and tube up off the bottom wher the fish can grab it.

It serves as a home for your "Scent attractant" so you leave a scent trail for the fish to find your tube.

That is an "Attracting" and "Triggering" quality in a bait. It does not matter if you are suspending a tube under a float on a jig or going deep with a Carolina Rig.

Here is how I mix my "YIPPEE"

I use 3/4 cup of Peanut Oil
    1/4 cup of Annise (Add some Vanilla flavoring with it)
    1 tsp Garlic Salt
    1 tsp fish meal (optional)
    1 tsp dried blood worms or tubiflex worms
    8 waxworms for added smell
    1/8 cup sardine oil (optional)

Mix all ingredients and store in a plastic jar or bottle. It will last three years on the shelf. Keep some in your tackle box. SHAKE WELL, then apply to your tube by using an eye dropper to saturate the cotton inside the tube. This has a pleasant scent and taste that all fiish love. When the fish bite they hold on just a little longer because it tastes like something alive.

As the oil base disburses from your bait into the water it carries with it the microfine particles of the other attractants in it. They rehydrate and send off an alarm to the fish that it's dinner time.

YIPPEE:rolleyes:

Now, if you believe then no proof is necessary. If you do not believe, then no proof would be sufficient.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 02-29-2008 at 07:49 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Default glitter

ever thought of adding some glitter??

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Ship, first of all thanks for sharing you secret formula! I for one will give anything a try when it comes to fishing. Not sure where to get the Blood worms but I'll start looking around. Sounds like a pretty good setup!
    Thanks again! "YIPPEE"
    You can't finish what you don't start

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind
    Well Ship, first of all thanks for sharing you secret formula! I for one will give anything a try when it comes to fishing. Not sure where to get the Blood worms but I'll start looking around. Sounds like a pretty good setup!
    Thanks again! "YIPPEE"
    Check your local pet shop for dried blood worms. The glitter would look like fish scales falling out of the tube.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 02-15-2008 at 07:51 PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.