Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Claiborne Lake in North Louisiana

brentcausey Guest

Default Claiborne Lake in North Louisiana

Just an Update.

Went fishing today on Claiborne. Water still isn't back completely up after the drain, but it's getting there. Went to a few spots where we have brush and no fish, at all. Had a few brem bites, but the crappie were just not out. Hopefully in the next few weeks they'll start spawning. Any other lakes in North LA doing any good?

--Brent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brentcausey
    Just an Update.

Went fishing today on Claiborne. Water still isn't back completely up after the drain, but it's getting there. Went to a few spots where we have brush and no fish, at all. Had a few brem bites, but the crappie were just not out. Hopefully in the next few weeks they'll start spawning. Any other lakes in North LA doing any good?

--Brent
    Brent.....I've seen some good stringers come out of Cross Lake in the last few days. Haven't fished it myself, but I saw the fish. Neighbor across the street showed me a 48 quart cooler about to bust out at the seams with big ol' crappie that his friend gave him. Not quite spawning, but they can be caught at the first drop off from the shallows. There's also Bistineau and Black Bayou....see the post "N.W. LA Crappie Club Tournament Winner" to see the winner and his winning big fish, caught at Bistineau. D'arbonne has been doing good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brent. Tell your dad That if he still had his camp on Black Lake he would still be catching fish! LOL BY the way. Weclome to the board and tell Larry Hi 4 me.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!