Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From LOZ please help!!!

Crappie Daddy Guest

Default From LOZ please help!!!

Hey everyone,
    I just moved to LOZ and my 6 year old son is crazy about crappie fishin!! I am also however, I just started a couple of years ago and I am still learning. I have been taking him out but fishin has been slow, (Im sure its my inexperience), and I don't want him to loose interest. Could anyone give me some pointers on fishin this time of year. I live on the Osage MM17.

Thanks,

Crappie Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board CD. On LOZ I would look for brush around the docks and either cast up to it or vertical jig it. look for the docks with nets, minnow buckets, etc. and they will usually have brush around it. There are some more guys on here that have a lot more experience on that lake than me so they might be able to give you some valuable advice. also, try posting on the missouri board.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ help

I take it then you also own a dock? If I owned a dock it would have brush from the sea wall to the front of the dock (boat side). I dont know the 17mm any I fish either the gravios arm or from the 36-55mm. We caught fish sat (3/26) in 11-14 foot of water around docks with brush piles. Adam got you steered in the right direction on which kind of docks to look for.. I only add also look for a fish cleaning station on it. Fishing has been up and down for the past couple of weeks, with this weeks warm weather it should only bring the fish closer to the banks.
    Last edited by TAE73; 03-28-2005 at 04:38 PM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Ttt
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I would fish the Gravois right now. Look for docks with brush. You can spend tanks of gas trying to find some spots, hire a guide or beg someone to take you and your son. No easy cheap solutions to your delima. Spend time gas and money and you will find fish. Most will not give up more than I just did. Use a bobber and tie on jig with minnow 3 feet down, work alongside of docks using the slow-jo method of retrival. Good luck. Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Bruce you sure told a lot there...
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Default oh yes

oh yes the good old cork and minnow, and 3 feet deep in 46 degree water also?............hummmmmmm....I'll bet thats a killer in private ponds right now. Tell you what Crappie Daddy right now spend some time looking around the lake close to your dock, some brush is out of the water right now. Make notes, anything like a fish basket, fish rulers, cleaning tables, or spots you see someone fishing off of their dock or another boat fishing that dock, all good things to remember. Try a weedless jig and cast around these docks also use your graph, in a few trips you'll be catching fish.

Post Thanks / Like

crappie daddy, I fish that area and the glaize arm alot and if you need help give me a call at 573-793-6665 and i will do all i can to help you,i love to see kids fishin. Jamie.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Crappie Daddy Guest

Default You Guys Are Great!!!!!!

I really appreciate the help. I took my son out yesterday evening and he cought 13 keepers!!! I did what you guys said, fished around docks with minnows and it was great. He was so excited he couldn't sleep. We cought several off of my dock, Im not sure what is under there, but it is holding fish. When I wasn't trying to get his hook off the dock cables or out of my thumb , I cought several on Charlie Brewers Sliders.

Anyway, God bless you all and thanks for all the help, My Son Will Never Be The Same!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Some docks dont always need structure under them to hold fish. If the dock has shallow water near a drop off that too will also bring the fish in. Best way to make your own brush it pick up any limbs that fall out of the trees. Tie them to cinder block or something heavy. And drop them in down around in the dock. From shallow water to deep water will insure there will be crappie year round on it.
    Ted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast