HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Article About Bamboo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Article About Bamboo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry-Southern Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Good articles - here in N. La. we must have every typre known to man. We can't get rid of this stuff. I have made several condos - rangeing from 3 ft tall to 15 ft tall. They wrok great.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I knew someplace close to where I live that has some of the running ribozon root type bamboo. I need some for crappie condos. My neighbor has some buckets to give to me and I already have some quickcrete.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Larry , does this cover transplanting "canereed" ? We brought up a bunch from Kentucky to build duck blinds out of , several bunches were put aside to start our own stock but it didn't take , any clue how to set it in this Indiana climate ?

Makes for a great hunting blind , most of the brown stock you see has been there for 2 years , you just keep adding to it !!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

This company says it is easy to grow and plant. With instructionshttp://www.jmbamboo.com/planting.htm

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll be careful planting the running kind. Its best suited for somewhere you don't care about. Away from your house. Of course it won't get out of control if you cut it every year for condos. But bamboo is also the fastest growing plant known, I once heard there was a type in Asia that you could actually see growing. I guess if it gets too wooly you could burn it down or spray it with Arsenal. Rhizomes will still be there though.
    When I buy my own property I'm gonna plant some cane and several oaks on the open, where I always got duckblind brush and crappie cover available. I already have a little cane growing on my hunting lease and I think when I fertilize my honeysuckle I might hit it a lick too. Might even try transplanting some to a more accessable area.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlefarter
    I once heard there was a type in Asia that you could actually see growing.
    <chuckle> I never saw it grow, but we had a variety just outside our perimeter that we had to keep cut down at least every two weeks, or anytime it was blocking our fire zone.

I thought that I read somewhere that when the climate is perfect it can grow 8"-12" in a 24 hour period. I can easily believe that.
    Who would ever believe that you could catch Crappie in a Punji Pit.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'll make another border run and drive down to Kentucky , give it another try in about a month ..... VV68..... you missed a golden opportunity , you should have shipped some of that stuff home . Every golf course in America would have been calling you for bamboo and pampus grass !
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DmDuck
    I think I'll make another border run and drive down to Kentucky , give it another try in about a month ..... VV68..... you missed a golden opportunity , you should have shipped some of that stuff home . Every golf course in America would have been calling you for bamboo and pampus grass !
    <LOL> I could have shipped them Bamboo and Grass, but the Grass would not have been Pampus!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast