Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey etinsley

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey etinsley

Looked up ur location. It looks like it is near Sulphur Creek. That is about 10 miles north of my place. Good fishing in that area. Lots of stumps as u come out of Sulphur Creek into Big Sandy. In a couple of weeks, them fish oughta be in there doing their thang. If I were u, I would start shallow, and I mean shallow (1 foot or less) and work out towards Big Sandy. Start shallow first.. If it stays warm a few days, they will be in there....

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

The creek channel runs very close to the South Bank in Sulfur Creek. Out at the mouth of Sulfur Creek on the South side of the bay's mouth there is a nice brush pile. There is also another brush pile that is back towards the back of the creeks bay out a ways from the overlook. It's marked on the FHS map but the map location on the map is not accurate enough to find it. Look for bubbles or turtles surfacing once you get near that area using the GPS map and then you can find it. I noticed that it was just a bit south of where the GPS map had it. In NOV the water is only about 8ft to 10ft deep around the brush pile in the back of the bay. But out by the mouth of the Sulfur Creek the water is pretty deep. Also note that the Old TN river Channel swings close by the mouth of that bay. Be prepared to fish another area if there are high winds out of the NE as that area can get pretty damn rough. It's best to fish when the wind comes out of the south. I have only fished that area twice and both times were in Nov. One time there were about 15 boats fishing the bay and the other time I was the only boat in the area. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Looked up ur location. It looks like it is near Sulphur Creek. That is about 10 miles north of my place. Good fishing in that area. Lots of stumps as u come out of Sulphur Creek into Big Sandy. In a couple of weeks, them fish oughta be in there doing their thang. If I were u, I would start shallow, and I mean shallow (1 foot or less) and work out towards Big Sandy. Start shallow first.. If it stays warm a few days, they will be in there....

Tom
    Regards,

Moose1am