Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Norris Lake, Tn Question(s)...

Post Thanks / Like

Question Norris Lake, Tn Question(s)...

....Does anyone here fish Norris for crappie? I've fished Douglas for a couple of years, and have noticed reports from Douglas, Cherokee, Percy Priest, Watts Bar, Kentucky Lake and others, but none from Norris...can anyone give me the rundown on the overall fishing at Norris...not necessarily just crappie, but other gamefish...thanks for any info....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Bushrod
    ....Does anyone here fish Norris for crappie? I've fished Douglas for a couple of years, and have noticed reports from Douglas, Cherokee, Percy Priest, Watts Bar, Kentucky Lake and others, but none from Norris...can anyone give me the rundown on the overall fishing at Norris...not necessarily just crappie, but other gamefish...thanks for any info....
    Although I live close to Norris, I usually go there to take the family and play. I'm not a good enough fisherman to comment on the quality of the fishing, but I usually don't do any good there. I think it's a hard lake to fish, It's deep and extremely clear, the banks are bare, and while there is a lot of rock structure there is almost no cover. The crappie limit is 10 fish/10" long. I've though about taking a few "condo's" up there just to see what would happen.
    They say it used to be a great lake before they stocked the strippers, but that's a can of worms I'd rather not get into.....
    If I'm going to fish Norris I usually go at night, and while I've never hit the "big lode" I've talked to others that rack up on crappie, walleye, catfish, smallmouth....at night under lanterns..
    just my .02.
    Good fishing where ever...
    Ed

Post Thanks / Like

A local guy from here Guides for Striper down there , my brother has made several trips and they have a ball running striper ( and the 4# Trashfish) smallies ( don't really understand that myself) .
    Never heard alot about the crappie , but I will say the discription I heard of the place is about dead on from what my brother has told me ...deep , barren sides , and fairly clear .
    If you go down and see "Striper SyndromeII" sitting around stop and ask Bill about where he's been running and see if he's got some ideas to help you out . He's good about that kind of thing .
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]