Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Boat

Polarkraft or G3 boat ? I am looking for a all around boat to fish for crappie of course but bass(2 casting decks) and catfish with a possible speckled trout trip thrown in as well. I might want to look at other brands but would not know where to start,I would like lots of storage and room of course,maybe a 4 stroke and trolling motor,not sure whether I should go 12 volt or 12/24 volt trolling motor. What do you guys think ??

Post Thanks / Like

if you plan on using trolling motor in saltwater go 24 volt - 80 lb thrust
    Carolina Skiff gives lots of room but little storage - depends on budget as well
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cannot comment on these two boats, have never used either one.
    Have owned and gotten good service from both the 4 stroke and 2 stroke outboards, the 4 is my favorite because of the fuel efficiency and quietness when compared to the 2's I've had. I see positive comments from the e-tec and optimax owners but I have no real experience with these. I do have a buddy who owns the 200 Opti and it's a bit quieter than my 200 XRI.
    Suggest not picking your electric motor until your sure about the boat. You'll want to consider shaft length and type of control (hand, foot, remote) in addition to thrust and power supply. Also, your style of use (hours on the water) and ability to recharge the battery.
    I use a 12 volt 36lb on my 14' Jon and it is more than enough for me, in fact some days I leave the outboard off so the electric is my only power.
    My fiberglass boat (a 20' fish and ski) originally had a 12/24 50lb which was not enough. In rough water it would not even hold position. I switched to a 24 volt 80lb and it works well.
    Have fun shopping, take notes.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Scott makes some really good points. Match your trolling motor to your boat and your usage. I use a MinnKota 80lb. thrust RipTide with 3X steering. I love my Suzuki 4-stroke (140hp), over 600 hours right now and still going strong. Easy maintenance too. And, that comes from a man who has blown a 200hp Mercury EFI. So, a reliable outboard is an important issue to me. As for boats, I'm partial to center consoles. The one I have now is a 21' Kenner - wide and stable, shallow draft. I'll be looking real hard at Blue Wave when I'm in the market for a new one - wide, stable, shallow draft and smooth ride.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

My best freind has a 1756 G3 and I fish out of it all the time. It's a GREAT boat and for the money the best on the market. He went without all the options, put his own floor in and no side covers to hide the exposed ribs and you can walk all around that thing. Got a 50 on it and it's like money in the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 1756 G3 with a Yamaha 40 4 stroke, love the boat very solid wish it had more storage space.

Post Thanks / Like

Lund!
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!