Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Power Pro 10/2, 8/1 and 5/.75 ?

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Power Pro 10/2, 8/1 and 5/.75 ?

Anyone use both the 10 and the 8 pound Power Pro. Do you see any difference? Wondering if the 8 is really thinner than the 10? Anyone put a mic to it?

And has anyone seen the 5/.75 that Power Pro list on there website? I am not sure what I would use it for, but it has my interest.

Thanks all,

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

yes the 8/1 is thinner than the 10/2. The 8/1 will slip thru the opening on the eye of the hook
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8 for me

I tried the 10 but it was a little heavy for me. The 8 is quite noticably smaller dia. and seems to work out well for pulling the bluegill jigs off wood.
    As a side note I tried the 6 lb. quite some time ago and found I lost a lot of jigs to wood. It would break at the palomar knot. I think they have improved the breaking strength since then. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and Yes you can see that the 8 is thinner. Plus 8 is a bit more pliable meaning more subtle not as stiff yet 10 isnt by any means all that stiff hope you get my meaning.

Ray
    Last edited by QUAKEnSHAKE; 02-01-2008 at 02:00 PM.