Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Question Mark Twain

Any reports on Mark Twain yet? I like to fish the South Fork area but thought it was still too early. Does anyone know the water temp there? Is it muddy? I appreciate any help. Just ichin to get the boat out.

Post Thanks / Like

Very muddy, 45-46 degrees! Some crappie are being caught in the clearest of the muddy water. Good luck finding anything more than a foot visibility. But it is gradually getting better. bc

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce- What do you think the prospect for Sunday are at MTL? I caught a few a couple weekends ago there in Sandy, but it was a little too early (water temp was 42-46- but 3 inch vis-muddy!). I did catch a 11 incher on my first use of your secret magic dust though- my biffest of the day! Thanks again! Just joined up here- Good to see an old bud from the CC. I'm BassTaurus there...

Post Thanks / Like

i am trying it again saturday! will post cafe saturday night!Bt, friends fished in Tuesday afternoon, only caught three keepers but was using jig without minnow!

Post Thanks / Like

Was up there Saturday in Sandy with a lot of other boats, including many from a tourney, and no one did very well. Seemed early morning was best, then very slow with most being very short. We caught about 30 and kept 10, jigs w/nibble, jig w/minnow, plain minnows. Very muddy, 3-4 inch vis.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain Report

Went up Sunday and was on the water around 10:00 am. Hit Sandy before noon and caught a couple dinks (5"-7") . Moved on down to Pidgeon and caught about 10-12 more with only a couple maybe being keeper size. During most of the afternoon I was catching them 3 feet down over 4-5 feet of water, next to trees- using a minnow only (slip bobber). I would have "moved, moved, moved" as someone likes to say ("ahem") but I was staying close to some folks in a flat boat that weren't up to long distance running. Besides, the wind was acting like it could kick up some. Water was about 4 inches of vis. eventhough things are pretty dry as of late. The bite was VERY light- sometimes all I could see was my bobber going from laying on its side to tipping slightly vertical. Then again, the crappie were so small maybe that is all they were capable of!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to MTL this week (Thurs-Sat). Have only fished MT a couple times, so haven't paid a lot of dues there yet. Would appreciate any ideas, suggestions, advice from you guys that fish it regularly.

slab happy

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, fishing has not been great. closer to the dam has been the better fishing, Lick creek has been doing ok, lots of little ones.

smilin' mallard Guest

bruce, do you guys expect a better year class this year than last? It would seem they'd be bigger this year....but what the heck do I know...

Post Thanks / Like

No it will not be better, about the same is what the local biologist predicts! Will have to keep moving to find the keepers. Bruce, ps but I expect during the spawn to find limits of one pound fish by some fishermen!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast