Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need rib rub recipe

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Default need rib rub recipe

does any one have any rib rub recipes that they would share?
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

Dry Rub
    8 tablespoons light brown sugar, tightly packed
    3 tablespoons kosher salt
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon jalapeno seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Braising Liquid:
    1 cup white wine
    2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon honey
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
    In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Place each slab of baby back ribs on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, shiny side down. Sprinkle each side generously with the dry rub. Pat the dry rub into the meat. Refrigerate the ribs for a minimum of 1 hour.

In a microwavable container, combine all ingredients for the braising liquid. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
    Place the ribs on a baking sheet. Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet. Tilt the baking sheet in order to equally distribute the braising liquid. Braise the ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.

Transfer the braising liquid into a medium saucepot. Bring the liquid to a simmer and reduce by half or until of a thick syrup consistency. Brush the glaze onto the ribs. Place under the broiler just until the glaze caramelizes lightly. Slice each slab into 2 rib bone portions. Place the remaining hot glaze into a bowl and toss the rib portions in the glaze.

*This recipe makes several batches of dry rub. If more rub is needed, it can be extended by any amount, as long as the ratio of 8:3:1:1 remains the same

I found this recipie on line. Do a search for dry rub and youll have dozens to choose from......
    Last edited by Litebite; 01-27-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I make my dry rub with what sounds good that day, but basically I always use the following:

brown sugar
    table salt
    Hickory smoked salt
    Ground cumin
    onion powder
    Garlic powder
    Fresh ground pepper
    ground red pepper
    thyme

I'm bad about measuring, so I pretty much put it in the order of what I use the most of down to the least. Adjust quantity for your taste, some don't like it hot, some like it sweeter. I think the best thing to do is use what you like and if it smells good, it's probably gonna taste good. There's two things I always do for ribs, though. Number 1, peel the membrane off the back of the ribs. Number 2, give em a bath in beer overnight, then dry off and put your rub on em and let em sit for at least 3 or 4 hours before cooking.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

www.thesmokering.com Have used it for years.

crappiejunky is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I've been using for years.
    1/4 cup cumin
    1/4 cup paprika
    1/4 cup garlic powder
    1/4 cup chili powder
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup kosher salt
    3 Tablespoons cayenne pepper (ground)
    3 Tablespoons black pepper
    3 Tablespoons white pepper

If I'm gonna cook the next day I'll trim the membrane from the bottom side of the rib and put the rub on them and wrap in plastic about 12 hours ahead of time and let them get all happy.You can also take some crappie filletts and wrap each one with a strip of bacon, shove a toothpick through to keep the bacon in place and give them a good dusting with this rub.Put them in the oven for about 25 mins. on 375 and man are they good.But the bacon is even better.Hope this helps.
    Last edited by crappiejunky; 01-28-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

the original "Dinosaur Barbeque" is in downtown Syracuse, about 45 minutes from where I live. Locally, you can buy their rub, called "Cajun Foreplay" in the grocery store, and we use it for ribs or when we cook up a roast for pulled pork.

You can get it from their website at http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/browseProducts.php?cat=1

Good stuff, and it means only having one spice jar in the cupboard for putting a rub on your ribs instead of trying to make sure you've got all the separate ingredients on hand.