Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slow but fun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slow but fun

Got the day off yesterday due to the 4th holiday being on Sunday. Started early and quit around 10:30am with 10 keeper crappie. Caught them all on black sparkle tube trolled near bottom in borrow pits next to levee.
    Its slow going. Its hot! But it is still fun. I think I will try a night trip pretty soon.
    Anybody going at night?
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slow but fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Got the day off yesterday due to the 4th holiday being on Sunday. Started early and quit around 10:30am with 10 keeper crappie. Caught them all on black sparkle tube trolled near bottom in borrow pits next to levee.
    Its slow going. Its hot! But it is still fun. I think I will try a night trip pretty soon.
    Anybody going at night?

Deacon.....looks like I will have move to S. Louisiana to catch a few crappie. My fishing buddy Dave and I spent the day at Lake Claiborne and caught one fish, a bass that was no bigger than a good cigar. We could see the crappie on bottom, but they would not co-operate at all. We found out why when we went to a marina to get minnows since they wouldn't hit our jigs. The owner told us that there were over 2000 boats on Claiborne Sunday and Monday, almost all were skiers, pwc's and joy riders. Today wasn't much different, but like you, we still enjoyed the time on the lake.
    RE. Night fishing.....unfortunately, we won't be going at night, but maybe soon.

Louisiana Bill