Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: shoal creek neely henry.

Post Thanks / Like

Default shoal creek neely henry.

i caught the limit today and more but cleaned 30 nice crappie and probably caught 75 in all they are in 10 footof water in creek channel on minnows and red/white jigs good luck to you all if you fish here .

druss1906 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1752
    i caught the limit today and more but cleaned 30 nice crappie and probably caught 75 in all they are in 10 footof water in creek channel on minnows and red/white jigs good luck to you all if you fish here .
    Thanks for all the posts in the last few weeks. It's definitely great to hear what 's happening on my favorite lake. What was the water temperature and color. Also, based on your post, I assume you're trolling. Can you share method. Thanks a lot. I'm hoping to go tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by druss1906
    Thanks for all the posts in the last few weeks. It's definitely great to hear what 's happening on my favorite lake. What was the water temperature and color. Also, based on your post, I assume you're trolling. Can you share method. Thanks a lot. I'm hoping to go tomorrow.
    We fished the up there today....I heard the big catches were coming out of Big Canoe Creek....

One guy set the new lake record of 4.19 lbs, TALK ABOUT AN UNBELIEVEABLE FISH....I have never seen anything like it, and probably never will again....he said he was trolling in 10ft of water and came upon a shelf that came up to about 6ft deep and his jig looked like it was dragging against the bottom when this monster hit......

Needless to say, I wasn't in Big Canoe Creek all day (we fished Bridge Creek), but we caught at a bare minimum 120 fish.....80% were smaller than your hand.....they were hittin' on black/chartruese, dark green and motor oil.....check water 10ft and under in Big Canoe Creek....water temp was about 53 - 55 or thereabouts......we were catching two fish on double-rigs like crazy.....we would think we had a good fish and it was just two little babies at the same time. It happened about 15 times today....

We couldn't keep the small fish off long enough to catch anything bigger....we had a great time, but didn't catch anything good enough to get us even close to the top of the leaderboard....it was a good and tough first trip to Neely-Henry for us.....

UNFORTUNATELY - THIS WAS PROBABLY OUR BEST FISH THE WHOLE TRIP.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GABoy; 03-19-2005 at 10:19 PM.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Hey:The 4lb 2oz,That I got back in the 80's was got at canoe creek. That use to be a great place to fish,tree's was alone the creek channel.then they lowered the water & cut them all down.