Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Can you use lights in VA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can you use lights in VA

I've lived in VA all my life until I moved to Durham a couple of years ago and was introduced to using the lights to fish for crappie at night. I'm moving back to VA (richmond) and was wondering if you can use lights there. I have heard no and yes but they cannot be submerged. Does anyone know the real answer.
    thanks
    Smokie

Post Thanks / Like

I think the guys at Kerr use them and I've never read a reg. that says you can't.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting question. Hopefully Dave can shed some light (pun intended) on this. I've never really thought about it as all the lakes around SE Va you have to be off of by sunset. I think squirrel hunter is right. I believe Dave advertises night trips.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smokie
    I've lived in VA all my life until I moved to Durham a couple of years ago and was introduced to using the lights to fish for crappie at night. I'm moving back to VA (richmond) and was wondering if you can use lights there. I have heard no and yes but they cannot be submerged. Does anyone know the real answer.
    thanks
    Smokie
    I hope you can as I use them at Kerr all the time. They're supposed to light up the old 58 bridge with lights above and below the water. At least I thought that was the plan. CK

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

you can use lights on kerr lake at anytime,now as for a state owned lake i don`t know.now for the lights on the old bridge i myself think that it is a big joke,you know as will as i do everybody can`t fish at one time which it will happen and you know that people fishing there are not going to like people throwing cast net arround them for bait while they are fishing.i say its going to cause more problems than anything,plus the town says that the public has to pay the town back the money for the lights $40,000.00 the town is the one going to make the money not the people.look at who runs the town and you will see whos going to make the money.sorry for the long post but i hate to see other people tring to make big money off of the little guy.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA