Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neely-Henry or Weiss

Post Thanks / Like

Default Neely-Henry or Weiss

Anyone out there fishing in the Neely-Henry or Weiss CrappieUSA tourney's??
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GABoy
    Anyone out there fishing in the Neely-Henry or Weiss CrappieUSA tourney's??
    Plan on fishing both of them.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callshy
    Plan on fishing both of them.
    I am definitely fishing Neely-Henry, but still undecided about Weiss....
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I am fishing Weiss. Me and my buddies first Tourney. I have never fished Neely-Henry.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jfraley
    I am fishing Weiss. Me and my buddies first Tourney. I have never fished Neely-Henry.
    Excellent, well certainly good luck to you!!

I have never fished Neely-Henry or Weiss, but we got to get out there and give it a go anyhow.......of course, we never fished West Point until this weekend either......
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent, well certainly good luck to you!!

I have never fished Neely-Henry or Weiss, but we got to get out there and give it a go anyhow.......of course, we never fished West Point until this weekend either......
    You guys seem to do ok at just showing up and having at it? How about some tips for my first Tourney. Any general tips would be nice. Maybe somethings that save you time or may life easier on you.

For example, some just keep the Tourney limit in the live well while other sort them out at the dock. Which is better?
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

You guys seem to do ok at just showing up and having at it? How about some tips for my first Tourney. Any general tips would be nice. Maybe somethings that save you time or may life easier on you.

For example, some just keep the Tourney limit in the live well while other sort them out at the dock. Which is better?
    Well I must admit that is not my preference just to show up.....I would rather have a day to pre-fish and learn more about the lake, but we do what we can with the time restraints we have......

So far we have a 1st place (CrappieUSA) - qualified us for The Classic, 2nd place (Tom's Crappie Jigs), 3rd place (Jiffy Jigs), 7th place (CrappieUSA) - qualified us for The Regionals, 8th place (CrappieUSA).

One thing I would do is not attempt to sort them out at the dock.....have an idea of what 7 you will be weighing before hand.....see last tourney my partner and I thought we would have plenty of time to weigh all of our fish, but we got behind several other boats loading up and by the time we got to the marina we had 5 minutes to get into line before they closed it.....if you show up at 4:01pm, you cannot weigh in anything. Secondly, make sure you ONLY have 7 fish and that they are ALL alive.....otherwise, you can't weight the dead fish and if you have over 7 fish, you will automatically disqualified.

And for all CrappieUSA tourney's each partner can only use 4 rods....except in the case of Neely-Henry you can only use 3 rods each and the size limit is 9".....so, it helps to know the lake restrictions as far as rods and size limits too....because if you weigh in a fish under the size limit, you will be disqualified too.

if you have two livewells or one with a divider, I would use one to put what you think is a good quality fish in that well and separate the smaller ones in the other well. That way if you end up with 5 in your big well, then you only need to go through the smaller well for your two best instead of searching for your best 7.....
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Well I must admit that is not my preference just to show up.....I would rather have a day to pre-fish and learn more about the lake, but we do what we can with the time restraints we have......

So far we have a 1st place (CrappieUSA) - qualified us for The Classic, 2nd place (Tom's Crappie Jigs), 3rd place (Jiffy Jigs), 7th place (CrappieUSA) - qualified us for The Regionals, 8th place (CrappieUSA).

One thing I would do is not attempt to sort them out at the dock.....have an idea of what 7 you will be weighing before hand.....see last tourney my partner and I thought we would have plenty of time to weigh all of our fish, but we got behind several other boats loading up and by the time we got to the marina we had 5 minutes to get into line before they closed it.....if you show up at 4:01pm, you cannot weigh in anything. Secondly, make sure you ONLY have 7 fish and that they are ALL alive.....otherwise, you can't weight the dead fish and if you have over 7 fish, you will automatically disqualified.

And for all CrappieUSA tourney's each partner can only use 4 rods....except in the case of Neely-Henry you can only use 3 rods each and the size limit is 9".....so, it helps to know the lake restrictions as far as rods and size limits too....because if you weigh in a fish under the size limit, you will be disqualified too.

if you have two livewells or one with a divider, I would use one to put what you think is a good quality fish in that well and separate the smaller ones in the other well. That way if you end up with 5 in your big well, then you only need to go through the smaller well for your two best instead of searching for your best 7.....

Thanks for the info. Weiss has a 3 rod limit per person and each fish must be 10".
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Weiss has a 3 rod limit per person and each fish must be 10".
    That is also good to know....that is a good start to my Weiss research....I am also still working on Neely-Henry.

Thanks!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Conrats Gaboy on your wins,sounds as you fellows are doing good.Good luck to you all at neely-henry & weiss.>>>>Bentpole

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast