Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They're Baaaaaack

Post Thanks / Like

Default They're Baaaaaack

Awhile ago someone posted that the crappie move in to spawn when the dogwoods bloom. Then a couple of, shall we say,elderly gents I fished with said the crappie start to spawn when the water temp stays above 60 overnite. Both those events occured a week ago Fri and a week ago Sat I watched fish fan out beds in the back of the cove behind the house. Then on Sun the cold front came thru and the crappie disappeared. Well, this warm weather has got them back on the beds.Hope this info helps.

Sure like havin' this new board all to myself! BTW, I talked to Rango on the phone this am and he's alive and fishin', just can't get registered on the board. I'm sure we'll hear from him soon.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    Awhile ago someone posted that the crappie move in to spawn when the dogwoods bloom. Then a couple of, shall we say,elderly gents I fished with said the crappie start to spawn when the water temp stays above 60 overnite. Both those events occured a week ago Fri and a week ago Sat I watched fish fan out beds in the back of the cove behind the house. Then on Sun the cold front came thru and the crappie disappeared. Well, this warm weather has got them back on the beds.Hope this info helps.

Sure like havin' this new board all to myself! BTW, I talked to Rango on the phone this am and he's alive and fishin', just can't get registered on the board. I'm sure we'll hear from him soon.
    elderly gents huh? you are too kind.... ., sounds like youve got the hang of it gary. way to go. cant wait till i can get stuff lined up again so i can resume. soons i get the brakes replaced on my nissan i should be good to go. they dont last long when im pullin the beast so much. save a few for old rango...
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see ya got on the board Rango. Now all ya need to do is go fishin' so ya got something to post. You sure it's the Nissan pullin the beast and not the beast pushin the Nissan?
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

thats kind of funny. i took a friend striper fishing for his first time Saturday. He asked "how do you know if you have a bite??" at that moment, the rod jumped out of the rod holder and started its way towards the water. I got the rod back, but missed the fish.

the striper fishing has reached its peak, and now its starting to taper off. still fish to be caught, but not as many.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    Glad to see ya got on the board Rango. Now all ya need to do is go fishin' so ya got something to post. You sure it's the Nissan pullin the beast and not the beast pushin the Nissan?
    i been a driving the nissan for 16 years and i guess the beast is pushing it to hard. its sorta like me and got a lot of important parts wearing out in its older age

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    thats kind of funny. i took a friend striper fishing for his first time Saturday. He asked "how do you know if you have a bite??" at that moment, the rod jumped out of the rod holder and started its way towards the water. I got the rod back, but missed the fish.

the striper fishing has reached its peak, and now its starting to taper off. still fish to be caught, but not as many.
    i hate i missed out on the best of the stripers pete. just aint been able to go much here lately due to a lot of teams to photo and weddings,, and baby sittin the grand daughter,,, and on and on. well hook up soon i hope..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    i hate i missed out on the best of the stripers pete. just aint been able to go much here lately due to a lot of teams to photo and weddings,, and baby sittin the grand daughter,,, and on and on. well hook up soon i hope..

yeah ive been very busy myself. i can barly scrape off times during the week to fish. I said that the peak has past, but you can still catch em. night time fishing is better anyways. we still got time from now til the first of May.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

PETE,WHERE ARE YOU STRIPER FISHING AT???I WENT TO THE CONGAREE A COUPLE OF WEEK AGO AND DID PRETTY GOOD FREELINING HERRING(AT ROSEWOOD)WENT LAST FRIDAY TO WATEREE RIVER @601 AND THE BITE WAS SLOW......I WANT TO GO TOO MURRAY OR SALUDA SOON IF THEY ARE DOING ANYTHING,,,,PINETUCK

Post Thanks / Like

i fish for them on lake norman.

went today, and caught 3 keepers in 5 minutes!!!! then the 4th one 10 minutes later. my friend a first timer showed up a short time later caught his limit in 20 minutes. then we started to catch and release for another hour. it was incredible today.

Rango, pick a day......its time to go!!

Post Thanks / Like

i fish for them on lake norman.

went today, and caught 3 keepers in 5 minutes!!!! then the 4th one 10 minutes later. my friend a first timer showed up a short time later caught his limit in 20 minutes. then we started to catch and release for another hour. it was incredible today.

Rango, pick a day......its time to go!!

hows monday sound to you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast