Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sources of PVC

Post Thanks / Like

Question Sources of PVC

Any suggestions for sources of pvc to make condos?

Post Thanks / Like

I get mine from the electrical scrap bin here in town...

Post Thanks / Like

I contacted the plumber that did the plumbing on our house, new construction. He told me the name of the distributor he buys all of his pvc from. It was not Lowes or Home Depot. I contacted them and bought a pickup truckload of their damaged pieces for $20.00. Some was cracked on one end or had one end run over by their equipment. I received a good assortment of 1",2" and 4".

Post Thanks / Like

There is alot of new home construction where I live and I have done a little dumpster diving for thrown out construction debris. Lot of treated wood and pvc.
    Fish now, you'll be dead for a long time

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

So long as it isn't nasty I would think even used pipe would do.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skleppe
    There is alot of new home construction where I live and I have done a little dumpster diving for thrown out construction debris. Lot of treated wood and pvc.
    Yup. Best method I know. Free is good folks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default free PVC conduit

my cable company had some PVC conduit behind their office they let me have. Some was 1-1/2 inches in diameter amd some was 2". These are orange, and they pull fiber optic cable thru them after burying the conduit. They let me have as much as I wanted. Cut them with pruning nippers into 3-4 foot long sections. They're curved but I don't think the fish care. Just stuck them in a 5-gallon bucket, added 1/2 bag of concrete and they're set to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Default used pipe

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum
    So long as it isn't nasty I would think even used pipe would do.
    Being nasty might bring the alge and bait fish in faster.hahaha:p

Post Thanks / Like

Go by plumbing and electrical supply houses (independently owned). When they get large shipments of pipe or conduit, sometimes the pieces of pipe on the bottom of the bundle are warped to an egg shape. The pipe company issues a credit to the store and the store is stuck trying to get rid of pipe no one wants. Give them your name and number and you will have more pipe than you know what to do with. NOTE - that pipe is bundled with 3ft. strips of hardwood to protect it from the metal bands. This stuff can be cut long ways into 2" x 2" sections and put in 5gal. buckets. The store usually throw it in the dumpster. I know my company sells several stores near Mt. Juliet, but I do not call on that area so I couldn't give you a name.