Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sat night was not too good.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sat night was not too good.

Got set up at dark and fished until 1:30am.Only caught 9 crappies all were keeper size with 3 going over a pound.The lake was very calm even though the bass tournement was that night.Watched the weigh in and it looked like 5 lb. closed the deal on big fish.We caught cats all night on cut crappie tail , one was so big Im not sure it wasnt a turtle.It took a minnow 2' below the surface on a bobber in the dark water.Bam Bam fought it for 30 minutes on 4 lb. line and in the end it broke the hook in half.In the course of fighting this fish it tangled another crappie line and drug the rod in the water before anyone could catch it.It was a sick fealing watching that rod slip under and down ,and we tried for half an hour to retrieve it to no avail.It had a lot of sentimental value to the guy who lost it.Better luck next time as they say........ Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Big "E"...were you fishin the mouth of Crowder's like you had planned? How deep?
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah , we were in the mouth in about 30'.Like I said all the fish were keepers but the bite was slow.Unless you were fishing for cats, they seem to be on right now.You finding anything?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been since a week ago last Sun. Did pretty good on big fish the last coupla times out but I was in a cove just alittle ways off the main channel. I thought the mouth of crowders would be a good spot. Won't get another chance 'til thur nite. Good luck.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck.I thought crowders was going to do me better too.Oh well, till next week. Eric.