Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Crappie Fishing Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestions for Crappie Fishing Boat

I have decided that I want to get a different boat in the very near future. I currently fish out of an aluminum boat, I like the boat but not enough to keep it for next fishing season. I fish an average of four days a week, mainly fish brushpiles in open water and spider rig during the colder months. With this being said what would you recommend I buy. If you would give me inputs as to makes and models both pro and con, what type of electronics do you like, trolling motor suggestions. Basically the recommendations is open ended and all opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing last year. Decided to go with a glass boat for stability in rough water (winter fishing). Got a older ranger with a 150 on it, and the only drawback is the gas milage.

The only other boat I might consider is a stick steer with a 40 horse on it. It would not be as stable, but seems sitting in the front and not having to move after moving to a new spot would be good, and the gas milage of course.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds sort of like the conditions I fish in here, open, deeper water
    most all the time - a walleye style boat was the ticket for me, might be
    worth checking into. Has some pros and cons, but worked out best for me.
    Heavy aluminum boats are fine, a deep v Alumacraft is what I ended up with.

slow, sits deep in the water, heavy-

but rides good, handles rough water safely, and lots of room
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished out of small aluminum boats for my whole life until I got my figerglass one back in the summer. I can tell you that the ride is SOOO much better in rough water it is unbeleivable. The only exception to that rule are the big deep V boats like Jeff has or the Lunds that some others have. The ultimate if you are going to fish deep water most of the time would be one of the deep V glass boats. I have never been in one, but it has got to be about the best ride available.

Post Thanks / Like

Catchafew I Just Did What You Are Talking About. Went From A Open Aluminum Tiller Steering Wide Jon To A Aluminum V With Wheel And Power Trim. Bought The Boat Used As I Am On A Budget. Electronics I Like To Keep Simple. Couple Of Garmin 120's. Affordable And Easy To Use. Trolling Motor Was Minn Kota Power Drive. Prop Will Turn So Slow You Can Count The Revs. Great For Spider Rigging. Also Got The Co-pilot Feature And Thats Great If You Want To Sit Under The Bimi If The Suns Hot. Trailer Was Another Selling Feature, Custom Drive On. Great When Your By Yourself. These Things Are Old Hat To The Guys With The Nice Rigs But It Is All New To Me. The Old Boat Will Be Turned Into A Striper/catfish Rig. If You Are Not On A Budget The Tracker Pro Crappie Series Is Awsome And The Ride Is Great. $14,ooo Verses 3,500can't Afford To Run The Fiberglass On The Lake Or Trailer It On The Road. Just Some Things To Maybe Consider.

Post Thanks / Like

If you spider rig alone the stick steer is had to beat, but you do sacrifice on confront in rough water. It allows you to drive and fish without having to change seats.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Default Look this up

Here is a picture of mine. Its a Triton 196. I have put my time and thoughts in the perfect boat. I haveit all in this boat. Besides the Ranger walleye boats which runs in the 40s this is the perfect boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Brad Whitehead
    BnM ProStaff
    WarEagle ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Boat

Here are a few more pictures!
    Brad Whitehead
    BnM ProStaff
    WarEagle ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Whitehead, nice boat needs an autopilot and sideimager!

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Triton 196 Ta

TRITON 196TA, THE ONLY CRAPPIE FISHING BOAT ON THE MARKET TODAY!

MONK WILSON http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast