Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sardis and Enid

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis and Enid

I caught a limit of fish around noon Sunday (actually 39, kept the best ones), fishing tops and other structure with tube jigs in 10'-15' of water. The fish are pre-staging on this type stuff and waiting for the water temps. to rise above 50 degrees.

I talked to another fellow who did the same thing on Enid. Looking at this week's temperature forecast, it doesn't look like the fish will move much!

Post Thanks / Like

Pops, congrats! I also was on Sardis Sunday, all I mustard up was 17. We were fishing tops in 10' water. Some guy at the Lodge was telling everybody limits were coming out Blackwater in 6' water.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey good catch. Btw how do you determine what depth you fish tightlining? Or do you have to use a cork to determine the depth you're fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depth

After I find the structure with my depthfinder, I just move back a little and let out line until the jig hits bottom. Raise the jig 2' or 3' and move back over the top. It's called the "if you hang up then, you should raise it a little more" method.

You need to be bumping the structure with the jig to catch fish anyway.

Deano Guest

Default Where to go if you had a choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Pops
    After I find the structure with my depthfinder, I just move back a little and let out line until the jig hits bottom. Raise the jig 2' or 3' and move back over the top. It's called the "if you hang up then, you should raise it a little more" method.

You need to be bumping the structure with the jig to catch fish anyway.
    I was wondering of all the lakes in Mississippi if you had to pick one to fish this next week ( 3/28 - 3/30 ) where would you go? We're coming down from Mo. with no boat and will be renting / hiring a guide to take us out on Tues and half day on Wed. Based on lake conditions - forcasted rains- etc... Do you have any suggestions????? Deano in Mo.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you guys fishing at Sardis and Enid to catch all these fish?
    Where are you guys putting in your boat?

kponds Guest

Default Sardis Results

My brother in law and I fished Sardis saturday and did OK. Fished the channel coming out of the Marina where it looked like a boat show was going on - at least 50 boats fishing. We caught about 20 between about 7:30 to 12:00 at about 17' in the channel. We put in at Engineers Point.

Wind was very rough and cold up until about 10:30.

Wardy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pops
    I caught a limit of fish around noon Sunday (actually 39, kept the best ones), fishing tops and other structure with tube jigs in 10'-15' of water. The fish are pre-staging on this type stuff and waiting for the water temps. to rise above 50 degrees.

I talked to another fellow who did the same thing on Enid. Looking at this week's temperature forecast, it doesn't look like the fish will move much!
    Pops.... Where is the best bait shop or who can I get in touch with down there. I am coming down Sat 26th and will be fishing for a week. Last year all I got to see was lower Sardis. I hope to get to Enid. Sardis, and am staying on Grenada. Any help getting started would be greatly appreciated. Is there any truth to the water being very low... not much access?

Wardy

Post Thanks / Like

Wardy, why did you only fish lower lake on Sardis last year? Main lake was about normal for spring fishing. Sardis main lake is 252' now, which is a couple of feet lower than last year. As you probably have seen, our four main lakes are not in the most populated part of the world.

I see a lot of questions on this board about rental boats, fish camps, guides, etc. and I honestly do not know of a single place to rent a boat, hire a guide, etc. The only places to stay are state parks and a few motels. It seems like some folks relate MS crappie fishing to going to the Canadian wilderness, where you go to a location, pay your money, and have everything (including the fish) provided.

There is a bait shop in Sardis, MS (Tabor's). I'm not sure about the other three lakes.

Wardy Guest

I fished lower last year becuase of the wind. When I got there, I met an older fella who said he lived on Enid and he wouldn't fish it. Grenada was real low and the the wind kept us off there also. The only thing, I guess I was asking was maybe a creek name or such. I got all the gear and am staying with a family east of Senatobia for two days then Hugh White for the rest of the week. I appreciate the reply.

Give Us This day, Our Daily Limit.

Wardy... Happy Easter!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast