HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I Found This Interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Found This Interesting

FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Intresting to say the least. Could we see a trend in lower prices for our boats or is it just nav systems for cars?
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting & Garmin stock has been in my "tackle box" for several years, doing real good too.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stinkies daddy
    Intresting to say the least. Could we see a trend in lower prices for our boats or is it just nav systems for cars?
    Prices on their older models have already come down quite a bit. The Map76 used to retail for around $300 and you can get them for about $150 now. I'm sure you'll be able to get more and more features for less money as competition increases.

I thought it was interesting where the name "Garmin" apparently came from. "The company was founded in Kansas in 1989 by two engineers, Min Kao and Gary Burrell."
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Garmin makes a fine product, I'm a pilot & use Gramin GPS on a VERY reg- basic.Due to the impovement of GPS systems the gov- is doing away with some of the aviation tracking device's. One being the ADF (automatic directional finder),That when a system fails they are not fixing them back,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Prices on their older models have already come down quite a bit. The Map76 used to retail for around $300 and you can get them for about $150 now. I'm sure you'll be able to get more and more features for less money as competition increases.

I thought it was interesting where the name "Garmin" apparently came from. "The company was founded in Kansas in 1989 by two engineers, Min Kao and Gary Burrell."
    I picked up on the name thing also, it was a good choice on their part
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to have an in-dash in my truck, if they're easy to use. I'm about to start delivering pizzas for Domino's, and I see myself getting lost here and there. I don't want to pay a monthly fee, tho, either.
    I think I got one...

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Garmin handheld I take with me in the boat. When I was setting up FEMA trailers in Ms. I had a Tom-Tom. It worked great since we had no street signs or landmarks to go by trying to find where a house used to be. If it told you that you were at your destination you could bank on it. Still use it today when traveling to new areas.
    Gone Fishing