Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a job in the crappie fishing industry

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Looking for a job in the crappie fishing industry

Most of you are doing what you really want to do and that is something in the sport of crappie fishing. Well I'm retired from being a school principal now and it is time for me to chase my dream. If any of you have a serious job offer in the area of crappie fishing or things related to it, I'd be willing to listen. My wife and I would relocate to South Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee or Alabama. It would have to be a full time job with benefits for us to consider it. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you a resume'. Only reply if you are serious.

Thanks.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 11-12-2007 at 07:45 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, if only you had included Virginia. Central VA is loading with full time jobs in the crappie fishing industry, and there is just no one interested in doing them. Pay starts about 80K, plus full benefits and a company vehicle and gas card. Most provide housing for the first 18 months to make sure you like the job and the area.

Sunday paper is loaded every week, but no takers. If you ever consider VA, give us a shout. :D

I'd take one of them jobs myself, but I can't bring myself to give up running a trash compactor on swing shift!

Dayton

P.S. Hope you do find what you seek. Spend your retirement well.

Post Thanks / Like

surely you jest
    Gilby aka Bill :D

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you send your resume here:

http://www.tticompanies.com/

They're a sponsor, and they're in Alabama.

If you'd be willing to go to Mississippi, you could try the same thing with BnM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco
    They're a sponsor, and they're in Alabama.
    And so is Hummingbird:

http://www.humminbird.com/normal.asp?id=825

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I am not jesting. I am deadly serious about this. The southern part of Virginia is not out of the question. I'll shoot everyone who responded a PM with my credentials.

Thanks also for the heads up with Hummingbird and tti companies. A resume' is on the way to them. If anyone else has a valid suggestion, I'd love to hear them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690
    Man, if only you had included Virginia. Central VA is loading with full time jobs in the crappie fishing industry, and there is just no one interested in doing them. Pay starts about 80K, plus full benefits and a company vehicle and gas card. Most provide housing for the first 18 months to make sure you like the job and the area.

Sunday paper is loaded every week, but no takers. If you ever consider VA, give us a shout. :D

I'd take one of them jobs myself, but I can't bring myself to give up running a trash compactor on swing shift!

Dayton

P.S. Hope you do find what you seek. Spend your retirement well.

Hehe - thats funny. Seriously ship, his point is if there were jobs like that 1000 crappie anglers would be lined up for each one. I have a feeling you might possibly find something in the fishing industry if your willing to work harder than you did as a principle, but they are also like finding hens teeth. I suggest you expand your jig business or try your hand at guiding or possibly checking out tackle shops.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Grizz. I appreciate you.

Post Thanks / Like

How about teaching Crappie fishing? If you could get hired on at a University you could teach it as a Physical Education class.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention boat dealers. They can be real good jobs in the right locations. I personally like selling boats. It can be real enjoyable in the right dealership and you'd probably find some pretty good benefits at the right place. Its not terribly hard work and would be an excellent job for a retired person. Flexible hours and times of the year when its slow and you'll be able to get some fishing in. Working for a tackle company or as a rep tends to be real work that takes all your time. I've looked into a lot of areas for working in the fishing industry, and what I've found is this, If you wanna fish, don't own a tackle shop or work for any tackle manufacturer. Margins are so thin you have to work all the time to make a living, and the schedules are murder. If you want to be on the water, be a guide. You'll have to have a servants attitude and be satisfied by helping others catch fish and you'll get more fishing time in than working in tackle. If you have some money and a good personality go buy a high def video camera and start a fishing show. Ideally I think that would be the best thing in my mind, but that too would be real work.

What do you think? Yankee Dave fishes the south. Good name for the show? I can argue the crappie vs. croppie question with all my guests.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 11-09-2007 at 03:37 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast