Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Black Crappies on plastics...fall fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Crappies on plastics...fall fishing

have been hitting the crappies the past few days and they have been very cooperative.....also perch and gills. the Blacks have been aggressive in 20' f.o.w. smoking a variety of our plastics, especially orange /pink buggis, polis and dragNmags. had a few nice meals and has been a nice switchover from slinging musky lures to using ice jig rods on these slabbers. Water temps here are 44-48 and fish are stacked like cord wood on or near brush piles. finding wind secluded bays has been the key to tightlining these fish over the side of the boat. Click on link for a quick look at a few clips. you can scroll down the dates to view other recent outings as well. Hope you are all getting out and enjoying the great fall fishing. LOBY

http://www.dropshots.com/loby59#date...11-02/13:08:56
    Mike "LOBY" Lobenstein
    www.lobybaits.com
    2006 N.A.I.F.C. Qualifier
    AUSTIN RODS PRO STAFF
    X-TREMEICE TOURNAMENTS
    MAKIPLASTICS DISTRIBUTION
    catch-n.com Pro staff
    catch-n kids staffer

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Crappie action is HOT.....

Been finding the larger gills and nice Blacks in 24-32' of water, using HALI's tipped with DragNmags as well as fat boys tipped with buggis has proved quite productive. If this bite is an idicator of first ice.....it is going to be a great opening to ice season.......

Few videos and pics of this past weeks crappie action:

http://www.dropshots.com/loby59#date...11-04/08:37:18
    Mike "LOBY" Lobenstein
    www.lobybaits.com
    AUSTIN RODS PRO STAFF
    X-TREMEICE TOURNAMENTS
    catch-n.com Pro staff
    catch-n kids staffer

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Mike.I haven't been out as of late.Hope to get up to the trailer one more time before ice up.:D
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Redstone First Ice

It was an awsome first outing as we hit redstone for the first time . Loaded light and accessed off a 240 ft. staircase to the lake......spud, rods, my plastics, pfd's ...Spudded and found it was Rock solid with 2.5"-3.5" in the area and it was A-1 quality,
    Immediately spudded a series of holes over the area we know holds timber and the bite was on. Using no vexilar fished the water column in 24-27 f.o.w. with a optic stealth and a fatboy#10 and plastics, working tight to the bottom tightlining and nailed some good gills..as I worked up the column I started encountering the crappies which also were smokin' the jig. Pounded a nice mess and released most as I have my possession {temporarily } limit and kept a limit for a meal for John.
    Using just the bare essentials on the first outing added some magic to what is always a magical time "FIRST ICE" By knowing the area well and having fished it for years , it was rewarding as always to be able to know to work the column and to be able to experience success by utilizing knowledge we all store and to be honest, was a blast as you knew you were going to get hammered without seeing it on the vex........have not done that in a while.........sweeeet! The crappies wanted it on a "aggressive" cadence working up and down in the suspended depth they were at and then a slow lift.......they would pound it.:D .....Gills would hammer it after banging the bottom and lift with a short stall..........Inhaled it
    General ice report would be to use caution as always, can not stress it enough, with that said ICE depth currently ranges from 5.5' on sec.11 area with some variance to an area still open on east mid lake area from a flock of Geese staying past their welcome....moving down to the south end and dam area 3"-4" common, again with caution it also is 0 outside and making anoher inch as we speak, despite another 7" snowfall.
    Heading out in a.m. with the WILCRAFT ICE Machine and hit some areas all day long and shoot some footage while enjoying the wonderful feeling of being back "On Ice".........LOBY

X-TREMEICE PANFISH "RUMBLE on REDSTONE" FEB 16th {Kids Clinic and FEB 17th {100 TEAM LIMITED CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT}
    Can register at www.lobybaits.com if interested in details and to register.
    Going to be a great multi species event.

some pics from outing one...camera was dated 12 hours off so it shows it as 2 days...had my old one and it failed me but got the first fish before it died.

http://www.dropshots.com/loby59#date...12-02/02:32:06
    Mike "LOBY" Lobenstein
    www.lobybaits.com
    AUSTIN RODS PRO STAFF
    X-TREMEICE TOURNAMENTS
    catch-n.com Pro staff
    catch-n kids staffer

Post Thanks / Like

Good report Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Having a blast

Well despite a torn rotator cuff we have been able to get out on redstone and have done well. Lots of snow has retarded ice developement and areas of ice are suspect on main lake and center of bsin area by dam but for the most part are in the 4.5-7" range with 10" of mixed hard pack and new snow.
    Finding Gills and Crappie in brush and have hammered them on plastics...the dragNmag and Maki as well as the buggi have been rippin' em' up. Finding crappie suspended in 26' of water 10' off the bottom as well as nice gills tight to the brush and bottom.
    Have a Wilcraft ice machine that is awesome and enables safe thin ice travel and is self contained , raises and lowers to the ice level.....one flip of the insulated canveas tent and you are fishing in comfort. Incredible unit.
    Hopefully the cold weather moving in sticks around to build on our base....our plastics sales have been insane and have spent the past three days FED X'ing Tourney Packs and special orders up to nationals tournament. We have introduced many new styles this season and now have 26 designs and as usual are phenominal producers, thanks for all the orders off the site here to www.lobybaits.com. It is greatly appreciated and we are happy to keep you supplied with the finest plastic lineup out there. A Merry Christmas to management at www.crappie.com as well for such a great site.
    Here is a link to some activity and outings since 12/6......Happy Holidays and Merry christmas to all of you and be safe and GoOd FishIn! LOBY

http://www.dropshots.com/loby59#date...12-07/20:52:54

The RUMBLE on REDSTONE is 2 months away..get signed up now before the field fills.....kids/family clinic Sat. Feb 16th always a great time with the event on Sunday. Over $12,000.00 in winnings based on full field of 100 teams.

X-TREMEICE PANFISH "RUMBLE on REDSTONE" FEB 16th {Kids Clinic and FEB 17th {100 TEAM LIMITED CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT}
    Can register at www.x-tremeiceseries.com if interested in details and to register.
    Going to be a great multi species event.
    Last edited by truefisher; 01-05-2008 at 09:02 PM.
    Mike "LOBY" Lobenstein
    www.lobybaits.com
    AUSTIN RODS PRO STAFF
    X-TREMEICE TOURNAMENTS
    catch-n.com Pro staff
    catch-n kids staffer

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fishing has been very goooooooooood!

Both Lake redstone and castle rock have been very productive since Ice season began....ice conditions in south central wisconsin average 9-13" and some variations are present with caution on early season ice being exercised as it should....Here are some videos and pics of recent outings in December and January including numerous Lakes and targeted species and a bunch of fun. Enjoy the pics and videos and have fun on your outings.......

http://www.dropshots.com/loby59#date/2007-12-18
    Last edited by truefisher; 01-07-2008 at 04:24 AM.
    Mike "LOBY" Lobenstein
    www.lobybaits.com
    AUSTIN RODS PRO STAFF
    X-TREMEICE TOURNAMENTS
    catch-n.com Pro staff
    catch-n kids staffer

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up A recap of some fine fishing and a week of weather x-tremes!

A great week of fishing came to an end with a great outing at Castle rock with a large group of us yesterday in the fog.....from cold and bitter last saturday to warm and foggy yesterday...the fish never missed a beat!

enjoy the links:

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=eda49a12.pbw

* Yesterdays DROPSHOT outing pics and videos on the "ROCK"

http://www.dropshots.com/loby59#date...01-05/18:18:28
    Mike "LOBY" Lobenstein
    www.lobybaits.com
    AUSTIN RODS PRO STAFF
    X-TREMEICE TOURNAMENTS
    catch-n.com Pro staff
    catch-n kids staffer