HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venison Jerky

Post Thanks / Like

Default Venison Jerky

Need recipe for ground venison jerky. Thanks
    Later RL

Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking about this too, Randall. I'm hoping to find one as well. Something in the sweet & hot/smoky category would be great...
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lot of ground meat from last year that I need to get rid of. I ran across a guy last year that had his in zip lock bags like peanuts. It had the flavor you described. I like mine spicy and crunchy and not to chewy. Maybe someone will help us out.
    Later RL

Post Thanks / Like

Deer Jerky

1/2 C. Soy sauce
    1/2 C.Worcdstershire sauce
    2/3 t. Garlic powder
    2/3 t. Black pepper
    2 t. Onion powder
    2 t. Accent
    2 t. Season salt

Slice 3 lbs. of venison into strips about 3/8". Completely submerge strips in marinade overnite. Lay marinated meat on oven rack and cook 6-8 hrs. at 150 deg.

Sorry this is the only one I have (not for ground). It is very good. Got it from a friend many years ago.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a jerky shooter for ground meat so I just roll it in short lengths about 3" long and about the size of a pencil and marinate it in Dales steak seasoning for 30-45 min and then put it on the dehydrator then I pepper it with red and black pepper it don't take much for alot of heat. It take 6-8hrs to dry it. check it after 5hrs to see where it is Some don't like it real dry.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't deer hunt..but, I sure can eat them...I hope my hunting buddies come through this year...I was looking through the freezer Monday, and found 3 packages of tenderloin !!!!! I thought that was long gone. Well it is now..
    Anyway...I hope to make some jerky this year...thanks to ya'lls easy directions.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerky marinade

2/3 cup soy sauce
    2/3 cup worchestishire sauce
    1/4 cup light brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon Lawry's season salt
    1 teaspoon liguid smoke
    Tobasco sauce

Mix all ingiedients in large bowl (tobasco sauce is only used for spicy jerky, added to taste). Slice 2-3 pounds of meat in 1/8 inch thick strips. Marinate meat over night and put in dehydrater. Cook until strips don't bend without cracking. You can adjust the Liquid Smoke to the taste you prefer.

For ground meat I use Hi Mountain Jerky Cure and Seasoning in original and Cajun blend flavor.
    Last edited by magnum500; 11-07-2007 at 04:05 PM.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magnum500
    Jerky marinade

2/3 cup soy sauce
    2/3 cup worchestishire sauce
    1/4 cup light brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon Lawry's season salt
    1 teaspoon liguid smoke
    Tobasco sauce

Mix all ingiedients in large bowl (tobasco sauce is only used for spicy jerky, added to taste). Slice 2-3 pounds of meat in 1/8 inch thick strips. Marinate meat over night and put in dehydrater. Cook until strips don't bend without cracking. You can adjust the Liquid Smoke to the taste you prefer.
    My recipe is about the same. But, I put ground Corrander on mine once it is in the racks. It dosen't add munch taste, but it keeps them from sticking once you bag it up. Sometimes I smoke it on a Brinkman for a couple of hours. Man...I got to go get a deer now. yum...yum!!
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

WalMart has some seasoning packets.Its called Jerky spice works by Nesco All American Harvest.I just have original flavor.They come in a box of 6seasonings and cures.
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Post Thanks / Like

There is a local company that sells kits for jerky and bologna.They also sell other seasonings( meatloaf,sausage and others)Some of the local stores have a good selection. Try www.conyeagerspice.com
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast