Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: CATFISH CHARLIE Catfish Bait

Post Thanks / Like

Question CATFISH CHARLIE Catfish Bait

i've seen this stuff for years in wallmart ,has anybody tried this stuff, does it work, or a waste of money? lots of this type of stuff on the market like docs catfish bait, bill dance advantage,magic bait, ive tried some of the magic blood bait , but had no luck any body else
    can't think of a signature- this will have too do

Post Thanks / Like

It does work but always takes a while i think.Danny kings punch bait is the way to go.

lnlbean Guest

Catfish Charlie is all I have ever used. I love the stuff. I always catch fish on it. And plenty of them. I like to drop it straight down on the bottom and reel it up about 2 inches and hang on!!!!!! Hope this helps....

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Charlie "B" since my grandpa found out about it some 45 years ago. Have since used more Danny Kings, but if I can't get Danny's, will grab Charlie B or nothing at all.
    Here is another tip for ya. Go to a feed store, get a 50lb bag of range cubes and chum with that. Throw about a gal bucket of them all around the boat (this time of year in about 17-22' of water. In a channel prefferably.) Drop one rod down with Danny's original and one down with Charlie. Every 20 min, redo the chum. We filled up both the wells in the boat saturday on Palistine in 3 hours and tossed half what we caught, did not keep anything under 14".
    That, my friend, is about the best "numbers" baits I can give you as a tip.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, fish either bait carolina style with the bait hanging about a foot off the bottom.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.