Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Saturday June 19th

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday June 19th

Tammy and I went to Jaegers(Lake Ponchartrain) for the Royal Purple Poker Run.Lots of nice boats.(We are big Offshore Powerboat race fans). Afternoon around 3:30 we decided to run the fish boat.Fished local bayous with bass assasin tiny shads.Tammy caught 2 catfish,1 nice bass,and one freshwater drum. I caught nothing at all but manned the troll motor against the jet ski's and ski boats that continuously waked us.Hope to post some better reports later this week!Jim
    Last edited by JnT; 06-23-2004 at 11:34 PM.
    Jim and Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Wild Weekends

Hey Jim.....I hear you about the wakeing. I used to love fishing from a pirogue until I got swamped by a ski boat. Lost an expensive rod & reel, but was able to recover everything else. The kids in the ski boat never even stopped. Seems it's the same way everywhere on weekends. About all you can do is keep an eye out for the wild ones or fish where they don't have room to play. Do you remember when folks would slow down as they passed? There are a few that still do, but one doesn't see them often. I hope your next outing is more pleasant. On the bright side, Tammy did catch some fish! Good to hear from you, keep the posts coming.

Labill