Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tims Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tims Ford

May be camping at Devil's step campgrounds toward the end of the month. Never even seen this lake. Any pointers on trying to catch a mess of crappie out of this little lake?
    Pete

Fairview Devil Step Campground, 263 Fairview Campground Rd, Winchester, TN 37398

(931) 967-4230 263 Fairview Campground Rd, Winchester, TN 3739

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard it said that if you can't catch a crappie out of that lake, you just plain can't catch a crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

So I guess If I don't catch one there. It will prove a few people have been right the whole time. And that is that I just can't catch a fish. LOL
    Looking forward to the trip. That is if I get to make it. Looks like we are planning on the weekend of 19th,20th, and 21 .. I guess I may have to scan that whole lake and see where the crappie are hiding in it. That is one good thing about the hummingbird sidescan its sure makes a big lake fish as a small lake.
    Matt ever hear anyone say what is the best way to fish this here crappie filled lake?
    Spider rigging? Or Ky rigging? Or just drag around the whole tackle box and get a few that way?
    I wish Fat Boy would see this. I am sure he caught one fish there. So he could give me the lowdown on it.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Tim's Ford

I've only lived in the area for a short time and have only been on Tim's three times. I went yesterday ended up with 12 keepers and a few shorts. Some came from bridge pillings most came from blowdowns. All were caught in 10 to 16 ft. of water using a 16oz black and chart. feather jig. Water temp was 78deg. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishawk
    I've only lived in the area for a short time and have only been on Tim's three times. I went yesterday ended up with 12 keepers and a few shorts. Some came from bridge pillings most came from blowdowns. All were caught in 10 to 16 ft. of water using a 1/16oz black and chart. feather jig. Water temp was 78deg. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, Yes that will help out a lot. As at least that is a starting point. I have had 3 old men ( All over 70) tell me if Your catching crappie at 14ft that is the depth they look for them over the whole lake. Even if there single pole fishing or spider rigging or what ever. They find fish that are eating. They can catch them at that depth even in the deep water. As that is were most are at feeding that day.
    Thanks again. As this will be my first trip there. But looking forward to it. Even though they will be 4 in the boat fishing.
    PEte

Post Thanks / Like

Well the plans to camp at Tim's Ford fell through. So guess we will just camp somewhere else or just stay at home and fish the dead sea on Pickwick.
    Thanks again guys for the info.
    Pete