Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: high and dry....

Post Thanks / Like

Default high and dry....

the beast is in drydock for repairs. no easy way to spend a sunday afternoon alone....
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default If yur high dont be dry.Yule choke on yur adams apple

I will light a novena of candles and dedicate 2 beads when I say my next rosary. Why are you alone? I would think a Man of the Amber like you would be in the company of many many bottles of ice cold panther pee.

I had to do another colonostopy on The Onion this week, where I fill her with 6" of water, plug in, and see where her bottom leaks.
    I hope nobody ever takes a drill with a wire wheel and grinds my bottom like I did hers. Or cleans me with acetone either as far as that goes. It was the usual suspects leaking and luckily I am a certified Master Hull Patcher and
    1/3 tube of $4.00 Napa Leak-B-Gone rectified the problem.

That cooling foot bath I enjoy during the hot months gonna get irksome soon now that autumn is coming in. I used to wear hip waders and just put up with it for the 2-3 months until it turned into one of the few onboard skating rinks I know of.

If you think Brian Boytano & that hot little Kristi Yamakoochie have put on
    some figure skating performances for the ages, ya oughta see my routine in the tight confinement a rink between the 2 bench seats of a 14' jonboat affords. I look like a gay Hans Brinker doing ballet on Ecstasy.
    My speed-skating is good too, just short. I slap on my long blades when a fish comes off in the bow area, race up there and retrieve it so I don't have to wait for spring thaw to git at my fillets.

Rango, have you field-tested Gee & Haw yet? I haven't sniped in on yur SC forum much lately.

Better do somethin bout that dry, dude. Nothin worse than runnin around hungry lookin over yur shoulder at every distant siren sound with bloodshot eyes and a Gobi variety case of cottonmouth goin down.
    Last edited by horseshoer; 01-06-2009 at 10:04 PM.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

shoer im the only person here of the male gender and all the ladies that control the roost had gone to wally world to see whats on sale. i dont think they wanted me to go cause they dint ask and as soon as i say howdy do to the door greeter, im ready to get outta dodge. for some reason they cant seem to stand it.
    the beast is more like a barge and aint gonna be manhandled. it takes jacks, come alongs and blocks and tackle all working together to make the stubborn old hussy do what i want her to do. id much have rather spent the time i had free of female influence and demands under the shade tree depleting my ample supply of golden amber instead of messing with stubborn over weigh boat.. ive got her blocked up now and im enjoying my down time with a can of amber in my shirt pocket and a bendable straw running from my lips to the mostly empty can so i can use both hands minus several fingers, to type with.. i sure wish those 22 oz cans would fit my shirt pocket. i sure hope we dont have no strong winds tonight or else the old girl out there on blocks is gonna be like a new bride on her wedding night...
    gee and haw are doing a good job. we got to the lake and back home last night safely. i dont depend on em to load the coolers with slab crappie. that takes the strong back and weak minds of the crew and they done an admirable job of it last night, and i might add, without much help from me. between the bag of hot boiled peanuts salted just right and that lip smacking amber that i dint need a straw for, i dint have much time left for watching fishing rods.
    shoer you take care of yourself buddy. hope no horse steps on an ingrown nail , farts in you ear or drops any fresh apples on your cowlick....

Post Thanks / Like

What happened to the beast???? Or are you just getting her shined up for the clash?

Post Thanks / Like

i'm having to redo the runners on the trailer the boat rests on. things started coming apart sat night. to do that i had to get it off the trailer, no easy feat for a boat that size as heavy as she is. i aint shinning her up for the clash. ive never been one to cater to a shinny, sweet smelling boat for the sake of others. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    i'm having to redo the runners on the trailer the boat rests on. things started coming apart sat night. to do that i had to get it off the trailer, no easy feat for a boat that size as heavy as she is. i aint shinning her up for the clash. ive never been one to cater to a shinny, sweet smelling boat for the sake of others. :D
    I can vouch that there has NEVER been a sweet smell come off the BEAST!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1
    I can vouch that there has NEVER been a sweet smell come off the BEAST!!
    thumper the beast has an aroma that will sweep you off your feet if you lean back, close your eyes and take a deep breath. i been working around the beast the past couple days but havent got in it even tho i needed to. i wanted to let her air out some more after all that fartin yank done in it sat night caused by eatin all them boiled pnuts i took. speaking of yank, hes gonna make a good nightstalker. hes full of jackjawing, emits strong odors and takes it as good as he dishes it. youve taught him well thumper. one day he may look up to me like he does you. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    thumper the beast has an aroma that will sweep you off your feet if you lean back, close your eyes and take a deep breath. i been working around the beast the past couple days but havent got in it even tho i needed to. i wanted to let her air out some more after all that fartin yank done in it sat night caused by eatin all them boiled pnuts i took. speaking of yank, hes gonna make a good nightstalker. hes full of jackjawing, emits strong odors and takes it as good as he dishes it. youve taught him well thumper. one day he may look up to me like he does you. :D
    I tell him all the time that I have taught him all that HE knows, I just haven't taught him all that I know.:p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1
    I tell him all the time that I have taught him all that HE knows, I just haven't taught him all that I know.:p
    thats a wise decision thumper. if you teach em all you know, before you know it theyll think they are better than you are :D

Post Thanks / Like

i got two of the runners repaired yesterday. i hope to grt the other side done today. that should hold em for awhile. the next time i do it, ill use stainless bolts through the boards instead of galvanized lag bolts. after a few years the gavlanized bolts will rust out and give up their grip. stainless lasts forever. to do that tho, it will be easier to put the boat in the water and do the work in the parking lot instead of jacking it up on blocks, which is what i done this time. the carpet still looked good so did the runners, so i opted for replacing the bolts and shiftin the boards a bit to give em new wood to grip. next go around ill replace everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast