Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Keowee 9/29 nightstalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Keowee 9/29 nightstalk

Set up in the Stamp Creek area at Nine o'clock and at about Ten-thirty the bite picked up. Fished a channel edge in 32 feet of water and caught all fish between seventeen and twenty-one feet. The water temp was 81. It got a little chilly up there in the mountains. Called it a night at Two-thirty and the final count was 21 crappie and 2 catfish. The majority of crappie were throwbacks.

Something happened last night and it had me scratching my head for awhile last night at the thought of how someone could be so idiotic. At 11:35 pm, we heard a bunch of idiots yelling off in the distance and it wasn't long before the boat was throwing it's wake against our pontoon. The boat whipped around, passed us again and stopped about a hundred yards from us. "Where are ya," one of the morons yelled. A voice replied off in the distance. "Over here!" They lit up a beam and scanned the top of the water, stopping on a body whose ski's reflected under the near full moon. These idiots were skiing at nearly midnight and were not going slow by any means. They passed us four times. I couldn't believe what a deathwish this guy had.

Post Thanks / Like

Default decent night

Glad to hear you had a good night on the water. The small ones are the only thing about stamp creek, but I'd rather get a lot of small ones than nothing at all. But this time of year and with the water temp so high that was a good night by my standards. I have caught some good filet sized at stamp creek in the winter. The Mity Minnow and I are thinking about going Thrs. night not sure yet if we will go. We may try Stamp creek 20 or 30 small fish will still be fun. Have you tried Crow creek latley?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried Crowe creek in a few weeks. I think I may give it a shot either this weekend or the next. The slabs should be moving into the shallows there soon. Let me know before you go to Crowe creek and I'll pm you on where to find some brush. Good luck if you go this weekend!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Those were idiots, sking that time of the night. If they are crazy enough to do that, who knows what else they may do.

Post Thanks / Like

Default sking at night

I'm sure the quote "hey yall watch this" was said at some point before they started. Stamp creek is a little narrow to ski during the day much less at night. It is harder to avoid idiots than it is to find them.
    I have to work this weekend but off tues and wed thinking about going on a stalk tues night and see if we caint get into them.