Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rodeo results

Post Thanks / Like

Default rodeo results

the crowd was off last night for the rodeo, with 16 showing to fish. was glad to meet country boy, his wife and son who drove down to fish with us. we got there early intending to get the boats in the water but wound up jackjawing till the last moment which was a big mistake. with one ramp there was a boat hung up with folks that dint know how to load their boat on a trailer that was three sizes too small. they had the ramp tied up for over an hour so we spent a lot of time in line waiting, with the line growing longer by the minute. i think some folks down near the front helped these people get that mess outta the way so things could move again. even then it was a slow go with all the boats lined up ahead of us before we could get on the water. we got in line around six thirty and it was past 7:30 before we got on the lake. we went north intending to fish where me and ot fished the other night but the wind wasnt favorable to we went to a new area and got hid outta the east wind, which is a tough wind to fish for the sc side of the lake. we finally located a spot in the back of a creek that was pretty calm and set anchors in water i dont really like to set up in. 20 ft on a flat bottom aint one my favorite kinds of places. we probably got our baits in the water close to 8:30, give or take a few minutes. the bite was sorta slow, but steady. i was suprised at the size of the fish we was catching that far back in the creek. the thug bite was fairly good to, with em tangling rigs up occasionally. when it was time to quit, we had three that weighed over a pound and half with a good many tween a pound and the big three. we dint count em, so i dont know how many we had. alls i can say the cooler was full :D: talking to some the other guys on the cell it wasnt going so good on their ends. but a lot of folks, including, and especially myself, dont give exactly accurate reports on how they are doing at their spot on a rodeo night so nobody knows whats really going on in other areas. :D.
    yank done good for his first nightstalk on the beast. he took two of the hourly pools, travis two and davey one. me, well all i done was contribute to the crews amber funds. :D. at the weigh in pete took the rodeo with a nice slab going 1.92. i was suprised to learn everyone was being honest about the bite reports on the cells but me. :D ot won some pretty nice prizes with his guess of 1.92. right on the money. on the way home after everyone had left i noticed at the gas station the beast was on the trailer crooked so we had to go back and get in line again, as there was several boats tying up the ramp . after a little wait, we unloaded and reloaded the beast so she was straight. finally got home around 4am. a long night to say the least.. a lot of line waiting.. :D got several photos ill post later.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I know yall did not let Pete get the best of yall at a rodeo - he must not be out of bed cuz I know he will be a crowing - I am surprised he did not get on the board last night or early this morning before laying down to spread the news...but of course he may not have been able since he had that extra amber money.....did Bam fish last night ...can't wait to hear what he has to say about it ....he is always so kind to Pete always talking so sweet to him...Bam is so bashful you know....Glad yall had a good night and a safe one ....maybe next time yall have one when I am off I will try to join ya
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

yeah,, bam and pete both was there last night. i think they both had a great time. you know how we are, so nice and gentlemanly like in our behaviour towards each other :D

Post Thanks / Like

all i have to say is its about time that we didnt allow the winner to come off the beast :D we fished hard only to catch 6 crappie at least 10 thugs of all types and sizes, and 1 perch. but like we say.....it only takes 1 fish and we got lucky to stumble on it :D the others in our livewell put together wouldnt come close to weighing more that that 1. got to give credit to the net boy Jeremy for being johnny on the spot on that one as well.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    I know yall did not let Pete get the best of yall at a rodeo - he must not be out of bed cuz I know he will be a crowing - I am surprised he did not get on the board last night or early this morning before laying down to spread the news...but of course he may not have been able since he had that extra amber money.....did Bam fish last night ...can't wait to hear what he has to say about it ....he is always so kind to Pete always talking so sweet to him...Bam is so bashful you know....Glad yall had a good night and a safe one ....maybe next time yall have one when I am off I will try to join ya
    bam is trying to be nice for a few weeks cause he wants to go offshore with us in a few :D
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

hate we missed out on the rodeo last night,it was a hard choice with 3 tourneys on the same day,we were supposed to go to santee and fish the catmen championship,but with all the wind they were calling for yesterday and the already low water conditions on both lakes,not to mention a 2 1/2 hour drive,we opted to skip out on that one,then we had to chose between the crappie rodeo or the catfish rodeo,we went with the catfish since the toon was already set up for catfishing and not crappie,any way congrats to pete on his winning slab,maybe we can may the next one if possible,sounds like the crappie bite is about to turn on good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab_hunter_29730
    hate we missed out on the rodeo last night,it was a hard choice with 3 tourneys on the same day,we were supposed to go to santee and fish the catmen championship,but with all the wind they were calling for yesterday and the already low water conditions on both lakes,not to mention a 2 1/2 hour drive,we opted to skip out on that one,then we had to chose between the crappie rodeo or the catfish rodeo,we went with the catfish since the toon was already set up for catfishing and not crappie,any way congrats to pete on his winning slab,maybe we can may the next one if possible,sounds like the crappie bite is about to turn on good
    thats fine. i wasnt expecting many people to be there with the water being so low and the bite not having turned on yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    bam is trying to be nice for a few weeks cause he wants to go offshore with us in a few :D
    bam is a very brave individual :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    all i have to say is its about time that we didnt allow the winner to come off the beast :D we fished hard only to catch 6 crappie at least 10 thugs of all types and sizes, and 1 perch. but like we say.....it only takes 1 fish and we got lucky to stumble on it :D the others in our livewell put together wouldnt come close to weighing more that that 1. got to give credit to the net boy Jeremy for being johnny on the spot on that one as well.
    scratch your head festus and think about it---you dint allow it, we did .....there aint been that many winners come off the beast. they have been pretty well distributed amongst the participants. ive won once since we been doing it, and davey once, maybe twice, and i think kim won once. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know who should be considered the bravest Bam or Pete
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast