Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think Tennessee has left the building

Post Thanks / Like

Default I think Tennessee has left the building

Well, i used to read alot of postings from fishermen in Tennessee, but i can't seem to get a bite anymore. I have seen Canepole post some in the tennessee room, i reply back and can't even get a nibble. I guess i will just post in the open room from here on out. To Jerry Blake , had a great time in Florida . Fished east Lake Toho and caught 31 in 3 hours, all keepers. Then i proceeded over to Cocoa Beach that afternoon and caught a thrill killing sunburn. I am in the process of shedding my skin right now, but like i told you i have decided to come to Hot Springs next month to relax. If you don't mind i will call you up and talk a bit. I appreciate your replies to my posts. Keep up the good work.

ps : Sorry it has taken so long to respond, been busy catching up on pressure
    washing plus doing my regular job, take care for now.

www.dspressurewashing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting People to Post is hard to do

Well I hope you have better luck in the future getting others to post information. I wish more people would post fishing tips and or reports too.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Well, i used to read alot of postings from fishermen in Tennessee, but i can't seem to get a bite anymore. I have seen Canepole post some in the tennessee room, i reply back and can't even get a nibble. I guess i will just post in the open room from here on out. To Jerry Blake , had a great time in Florida . Fished east Lake Toho and caught 31 in 3 hours, all keepers. Then i proceeded over to Cocoa Beach that afternoon and caught a thrill killing sunburn. I am in the process of shedding my skin right now, but like i told you i have decided to come to Hot Springs next month to relax. If you don't mind i will call you up and talk a bit. I appreciate your replies to my posts. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Toho Fish

I Spend the winter in FL. on the Harris chain. Have consistently caught crappie in Jan. Feb. and Mar. Lots of small Crappie last spring ,but also plenty of keepers. I would be interested in hearing more about the fish you caught on Toho. I have fished a lot of FL. lakes including Toho a few years ago. Were they deep, in open water, around structure or other. The pattern you were using might still apply when I get back to FL. in Nov.
    Also were you using jigs or other? I have been using only jigs in last few years. Only exception was fishing 20 ft. water a couple times last Jan. when we tipped the jigs with minnows.
    Joe

Well, i used to read alot of postings from fishermenTennessee, but i can't seem to get a bite anymore. I have seen Canepole post some in the tennessee room, i reply back and can't even get a nibble. I guess i will just post in the open room from here on out. To Jerry Blake , had a great time in Florida . Fished east Lake Toho and caught 31 in 3 hours, all keepers. Then i proceeded over to Cocoa Beach that afternoon and caught a thrill killing sunburn. I am in the process of shedding my skin right now, but like i told you i have decided to come to Hot Springs next month to relax. If you don't mind i will call you up and talk a bit. I appreciate your replies to my posts. Keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Joe, i was new to the lake so i found the deepest water i could seeing as how the temp was showing me 88 degrees at 2 feet down. I then looked for obvious above water structure with submerged structure nearby. There wasn't any noticeable drop off or main channels that i could see. The bottom was pretty much consistent as far as i could telll. Anyways, i would slow troll a weedless chartreuse and pink maribou hair jig at 10 to 11 feet. I would keep getting slammed, but no hookset. I then came up to 9 and a half feet and that is where i got on the fish. I took every single one with this same color jig. Only lost one all day and had to dump out my minnows(big sticklebacks). I really didn't try alot of different things that day because this one worked for me, wished i could be more help. Take care.

ps i would troll between the above water and submerged timber at that depth.

cmistfp Guest

Default Hey Fatboy !

Greetings from Fl. I was wondering when you fished Toho? There seem to be so many anglers here that believe it nearly impossible to catch them crappies during these hot months . Did you rent a boat at East Lake Fish Camp , hire a guide , or bring your own boat ? My kids love catching crappie . We are even building a boat to fish the deep water during summer . We love those Crappies !!! Chris

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey!!! I ain't left the country...I have elderly parents and in-laws that need lots of attention ( care home and assisted living)... They come first.....Fishing here has sucked lately...Wind, high water, etc...Did some nite fishing past weekend..Seven keepers...Just finished snacking on them...yum...yum...
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy...I lived in Fla for some time, I fished Lake Harris, Little Lake Harris, Lake Jessup. Lake George,Toho, up and down the St Johns River, etc...Best luck I had was Puzzle Lake....I loved it, but got lost all the time...Also did a lot of "shrimping" on the Indian River near Mims. What a blast!!!Saw the first space shuttle blast off from near Cape Canavaral near Mims on the water...Coast guard stopped us from moving in to close to launch...Also got a lot of mussels(sp) and oysters in that area..That was 25 years ago, but what a memory!!!!Thought I would share this with all..

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear from you Canepole. I understand your situation completely. I get to Florida a couple of times a year. When i get home, everyone asks what kind of fish i caught and i say Crappie. They say, i didn't know they lived in the ocean. I say, they don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Lake Harris

In FL. the people mostly refer to Crappie as Specks.
    I have a place on a canal to the lake at Astatula with my own boat dock, hoist etc. Sure makes it convenient to fish. Can go out for an hour or two without having to launch a boat etc. Fishing has generally been pretty good the last few years.
    I love to fish the St. John's River also when the Crappie are in the Pads.
    Joe

Glad to hear from you Canepole. I understand your situation completely. I get to Florida a couple of times a year. When i get home, everyone asks what kind of fish i caught and i say Crappie. They say, i didn't know they lived in the ocean. I say, they don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i knew they called them specks or papermouths. Went to Louisiana near Hammond years ago and they call them saco'lait there. Love them coonasses(another word for cajun).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast