Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: OK ... so what about Watts Bar

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question OK ... so what about Watts Bar

anyone here fish it

I don't want your spots, or even specific creeks or areas ... I just want water temps, water level, clarity, depth fish are being caught, color or bait preferences, cover preferences (ie wood, docks, channel edges, etc). Yeah, I know, I don't want much :D .... but hey, any part or all of this info will be greatly appreciated. Seriously though ... anybody been to WB, lately ?? Headed that way soon, and would like a "local's" take on the current conditions of the lake, and Crappie fishing there.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Watts Bar Pappy, but I can give you some Douglas information for comparison. Water temp. around 83-84. Expect that to drop over the next week. Most fish being caught are taken by bottom bouncing or trolling in creek channels in 20' plus. Now, thats Douglas and Im not sure about Watts Bar. Go Cats !
    "Dude, where's my float?"

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell you for sure right now, but in a week or so I'll be able to. The family is spending the weekend camping and fishing in the Ten Mile area. I fish the two lakes up river, Fort Loudon and Tellico. On these lakes, the fish are still deep and on ledges. Around some deeper structure as well. Hope you straighten you line. Wally "FishnFed"

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up FishnFed ....

Quote Originally Posted by FishnFed
    I can't tell you for sure right now, but in a week or so I'll be able to. The family is spending the weekend camping and fishing in the Ten Mile area. I fish the two lakes up river, Fort Loudon and Tellico. On these lakes, the fish are still deep and on ledges. Around some deeper structure as well. Hope you straighten you line. Wally "FishnFed"
    ANY info will be useful, and appreciated ... thanks !!

..... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Most people I know that fish the bar say the 1st of November. I havent heard of anyone doing much good this summer. Go to the twra tenn website and it gives a weekly report for lakes. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Watts Bar
    Water surface temperatures are warmer this week with the average temperature being 83 degrees. Cooler water can be found in the Clinch River. Minimal water flows are dictating the success ratio of most anglers. The deeper water fish are in most cases are heavily influenced by the current. The greatest contributor to a successful fishing trip for normal patterns this time of year has been taken out. The unpredictable schooling bass can be caught more often than any other bass. Look for shad minnows and any activity that may be present near these fish. Casting near the schooling fish with topwater lures, shallow running baits, jigs and spoons will allow for a few fish to be caught. Those few other bass that are being caught are being caught on deep water points, humps, and ledges on plastic worms rigged in any matter. Vertical fishing spoons and wacky worms has been as good as any other technique or lure. Crappie are being caught most often at night on steep banks while fishing underneath the lights. Minnows, jigs and spoons are all being used. Some catfish and stripers are being caught near the tailwaters. Both prefer shad.

This is from the TWRA site. The water is a little cooler than your bathtub water.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!