Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Russell boat ramps....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Russell boat ramps....

Hey guys. In a couple of weeks I am going to make my first trip to Lake Russell. Being from the upstate, I plan on fishing the Rocky River arm of the lake on up above Calhoun State Park. I was wondering if any of you knew if the Latimer, Speed Creek, and Lowndesville landings were decent landings to put in at. I'm looking for some good areas to crappie fish and if anyone can help me out I will be terribly grateful. feel free to pm me if necessary. Thanks!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

All the ramps I've been to on the Rocky River arm are great. Any of the ramps you mentioned have good areas to fish. I haven't been in a couple of months, so I really don't know what the fish are doing right now. You will see plenty of standing timber and there are many good ledges too. What kind of fishing will you be doing? Day, night, live bait, artificial???

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleon, I havent crappie fished any yet but here comes another GOOD weekend (and next week) of cooler weather. Lows back down in the upper 50's and highs right at 80. In another week or so the moon wont be so bright and the water should be in the mid 70's. The fall feed should be getting into full swing soon. As far as then rampos you mentioned.,...I have no clue since I never venture over that way, but the lake level never goes much lower than a couple feet from full so there shouldnt be any problems as far as that goes. Here's hoping you have a good trip!!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishnLine
    All the ramps I've been to on the Rocky River arm are great. Any of the ramps you mentioned have good areas to fish. I haven't been in a couple of months, so I really don't know what the fish are doing right now. You will see plenty of standing timber and there are many good ledges too. What kind of fishing will you be doing? Day, night, live bait, artificial???

I will be fishing at night with live bait and hoping to find some good ledges to fish. Thanks for the great info guys!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon
    I will be fishing at night with live bait and hoping to find some good ledges to fish. Thanks for the great info guys!! :D
    If you have a map, you won't have any trouble finding some ledges. Good luck out there and let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

THe ramp on speed creek is not a option. The ramp was built before they finished the lake but they never developed the road to it. Your best bet is the ramps on the east side of the lake off or hwy 81. Rampey , Felkel, and Latimer are all good ramps. I use the one at Latimer, because it is only a couple of miles from my house.

Post Thanks / Like

The safest place to put in is at Calhoun Falls state park right off hwy 81. They lock the gates at night but there are campers that will give you the combination in order to get out.
    GET DA NET!