Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat size on reelfoot?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat size on reelfoot?

I am thinking about a new boat. Now I have a 2072 war-eagle and then 754 war-eagle. Thinking of selling both and getting a 18 ft boat. Now the big question would a 60 wide bottom or a 72" wide bottom work best fishing Reelfoot, Most of it would be spider rigging.
    New one would be a tiller boat. Getting away from the console boat.
    Lost in boat world.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Red...

I have a 16 foot allweld...it's perfect in my opinion...for both...trolling and jigging....I mainly jig fish, so I'm in and out of trees quite a bit..sometimes have to butter up the side to get through....it's also just about right when the weather turns bad...and trust me...I've been out there when it's been at its worst....now Cracker68, who I fished with last weekend at RF has a 14 footer, but it's wide....that's a perfect side boat too. Now, you see some guides out there that have some big ol honkers out there...big enough to put a card table in....I prefer the 14-16 foot range....gives you some diversity....trolling or jiggin up in the trees....

G

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat...

Funny thing is I have the 754 War Eagle and wanting the one you are considering selling. I love my boat...it handles the rough water perfectly and planes off super fast. I just wanted the bigger boat for more room. I have a tiller 40hp Mariner Mag on it...all the motor that this boats needs.

Later,
    cypress
    "I fish...therefore I lie." Where's the Copenhagen?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20/72 F & F

I went from a 16/48 duracraft to a 20/72 F & F and without question I like the big boat. Lots of people said that the big boat would catch too much wind, but it has in fact been much more stable. You either fish into or against the wind, so the tall sides don't have much impact. My 115 does a fine job of easing off of those pesky stumps now. We can now fish 3 men side by side and the boat doesn't bounce. I see no reason to go down in size. You just need a big trolling motor and I have two anchor winches.

rushcreekoutdoor

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys I am just thinking about one boat. And thinking about the 1860 as the size for one boat.
    May have the 754 sold. And if so I guess its time to try and sell the other one also. Or just keep the 20ft and get stuck not being able to fish fish the standing trees. If there thick.
    But I also fish open water more then the thick stuff. So looking for the best ride. With a bad back.The ride is the Number one reason on the new boat. But still not sure on a glass boat.
    Pete