Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: russell nightstalk sat night....

Post Thanks / Like

Default russell nightstalk sat night....

davey had occasion to be in the lake russell area sat night and thought hed do a couple hour nightstalk on the ga side. he caught this fish and he said he showed it at the landing and hed never seen such a stampede by crackers, oohing and ahhin over it. he said he dint think he was gonna get away from there with his fish so he run to the ramp and tossed it back. he said crackers was jumping in the water from the piers and ramps trying to get the fish. they couldnt understand why he would throw such a slab back. anyway, he got this photo to show what constitutes a slab in the crackers mind........
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Now I know what the Beast was dong this weekend It does my heart good to see the young man so proud of his catch Keep Up THe Good Work,:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    davey had occasion to be in the lake russell area sat night and thought hed do a couple hour nightstalk on the ga side. he caught this fish and he said he showed it at the landing and hed never seen such a stampede by crackers, oohing and ahhin over it. he said he dint think he was gonna get away from there with his fish so he run to the ramp and tossed it back. he said crackers was jumping in the water from the piers and ramps trying to get the fish. they couldnt understand why he would throw such a slab back. anyway, he got this photo to show what constitutes a slab in the crackers mind........
    lmao!!!! That's why I try to stick to the SC side of the lake. If you bring in something other than a carp on the GA side, it draws too much attention. :D

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagler
    Now I know what the Beast was dong this weekend It does my heart good to see the young man so proud of his catch Keep Up THe Good Work,:D
    Beagler, now do the Lappers consider one that size a half pounder, a three-qter lber, or a 1 lber?!? I just want an understanding of what them Lappers call a slab.:D

Rango, if that's what your scales are used to weighing then I best bring my battery operated fillet knife and I'll just have to weigh each fillet off the Slabcracker's fishes seperately to keep the scales from bottoming out. :D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    Beagler, now do the Lappers consider one that size a half pounder, a three-qter lber, or a 1 lber?!? I just want an understanding of what them Lappers call a slab.:D

Rango, if that's what your scales are used to weighing then I best bring my battery operated fillet knife and I'll just have to weigh each fillet off the Slabcracker's fishes seperately to keep the scales from bottoming out. :D
    I know crackers are used to weighing fish like davey is showing but youd probably save yourselves a lot scrambling for the scales when a "slab" like davey has is brought over the side. below is a photo of a slab bambam caught one night on the beast. unless they are really big fish, we seldom weigh em. in this case it seemed to be a borderline keeper so we put the scales on her to see if it was gonna go in the cooler. it made the cut by a couple ounces. when we get down there well be more than happy to show you guys which fish you should be weighing and what constitutes a slab ..:D:D:D:D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Darn I need that Bait !

Post Thanks / Like

I know crackers are used to weighing fish like davey is showing but youd probably save yourselves a lot scrambling for the scales when a "slab" like davey has is brought over the side. below is a photo of a slab bambam caught one night on the beast. unless they are really big fish, we seldom weigh em. in this case it seemed to be a borderline keeper so we put the scales on her to see if it was gonna go in the cooler. it made the cut by a couple ounces. when we get down there well be more than happy to show you guys which fish you should be weighing and what constitutes a slab ..:D:D:D:D
    That's the size of our minnows in Ga.:p

Post Thanks / Like

i know you guys dont know whats in russel on the ga side of the lake. but on oct 13 when the nightstalkers finish with the clash, we'll show you what the lakes got that you been missing......:D

Post Thanks / Like

i know you guys dont know whats in russel on the ga side of the lake. but on oct 13 when the nightstalkers finish with the clash, we'll show you what the lakes got that you been missing......:D
    I guess you'll be fishing the Ga side then. Let's see Coldwater up under the Bridge???:D
    Shoot man you guys couldn't catchem if they were jumpen in the boat with ya.
    If y'all seen a real slab you'd go screamen back to your mama's scared to death.
    Last edited by beagler; 09-26-2007 at 05:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

dont know where ill be fishing yet. theres probably bigger fish on the ga side, since you guys aint used to cleaning out the real slabs, so we may drop anchors on the your side. i imagine the sc boys keeps em pretty well cleaned on this side since sc nightstalkers make the real slabs live hard....