Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Normandy today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Normandy today

Fishing was great at Normandy today. had a limit by 9:30am. Largest 15" smallest was 12". At the rate the lake is dropping in about another month the ramp will be unusable. Lets pray for rain!!

Post Thanks / Like

great report hawk...me and a buddy are gonna hit it in the morning. No pics of them monsters?
    I don't go Fishing...I go CATCHING!

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Badi2de/

Post Thanks / Like

Default pics for tude

Pics are a little difficult for me cause I fillet em while on the water. But, I'll do what I can. It doesn't appear that any of the local lakes here provide fish cleaning stations. The other day I stopped and fished a pumping station along the shore where I picked up a couple of good ones. At times I'll bet it's really a hot spot. It was accross the lake from a boat ramp. Maybe I'll see you on the water sometime, I'll be in a red and grey ranger fisherman series with a mercury.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the boat ramp you are talking about is the Firelake ramp. I have caught crappie around that pump house before. There is also a good laydown just above it that produces at times. You mentioned cleaning your fish on the water, I think they outlawed that in Alabama due to people cleaning undersized fish and discarding the evidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile cleaning fish

Hey seeker, Yea, a number of states don't allow cleaning on the water but I did look it up just after I moved here from Ia. and Tenn. does allow cleaning your catch on the water. It does make somewhat of a mess and I always spend a few minutes cleaning up afterwards. Maybe someday I'll find a better way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishawk
    Hey seeker, Yea, a number of states don't allow cleaning on the water but I did look it up just after I moved here from Ia. and Tenn. does allow cleaning your catch on the water. It does make somewhat of a mess and I always spend a few minutes cleaning up afterwards. Maybe someday I'll find a better way.
    Yes. However, is unlawful to possess while afield any fish which has been altered to the extent that its species and/or total body length cannot be determined.
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Cleaning fish

Quote Originally Posted by ribit
    Yes. However, is unlawful to possess while afield any fish which has been altered to the extent that its species and/or total body length cannot be determined.
    Fishhawk...It is a good thing you will be on the water and not "afield" when you have these cleaned fish! You could be in trouble. Does this mean that we cannot have a fish fry in the back yard (field) MMMM!
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c1bigocarp
    Fishhawk...It is a good thing you will be on the water and not "afield" when you have these cleaned fish! You could be in trouble. Does this mean that we cannot have a fish fry in the back yard (field) MMMM!
    That is word for word in 2007 Tn. Fishing Regs.

Afield: 1 in or to the field 2 away(from home); astray
    Guess that leaves out the neighbor and church. :D

Something else, persons fishing have to have their creel seperate cooler, stringer, basket or live well per Doug Markham. If not could be fined for creel limit violation. Call TWRA to check lot cheaper than the fines.
    Last edited by ribit; 09-27-2007 at 02:33 PM.
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Cleaning of the fish

Quote Originally Posted by ribit
    That is word for word in 2007 Tn. Fishing Regs.

Afield: 1 in or to the field 2 away(from home); astray
    Guess that leaves out the neighbor and church. :D

Something else, persons fishing have to have their creel seperate cooler, stringer, basket or live well per Doug Markham. If not could be fined for creel limit violation. Call TWRA to check lot cheaper than the fines.

I bet some lawyer wrote these regulations!
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c1bigocarp
    I bet some lawyer wrote these regulations!
    Afield shows up in the fishing guide alot. Reads like lawyerese. Somewhere in the guide it say this is a condensed version check twra for questions and more information. :rolleyes:
    Today is a great day