Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gonna give Keowee a shot tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gonna give Keowee a shot tonight

A little nightstalking on a clear mountain lake. I'm anxious to see what the water temp is now. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Cleon. Should be nice out there.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Cleon. Here's hoping you guys catch a good mess of fish!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default good luck

I was going to go this past sat night but with the rain that came in I didn't think they would bite. But now that the weather has stabalized and the water temp dropping I'm guessing you will have a good night. Let us know may hit Keowee next weekend. May even try Crow creek and see what you've been pulling in. The slabs are in that lake my fishing buddy Mity Minnow has been converted from Wylie to Keowee after he's seen a few of the slabs I've pulled out of Keowee. Just waiting for the water to cool and the fish to start bitting.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a nice relaxing night on the water. The water temp has dropped to 81 degrees now so the bite is starting to slowly pick up. Fished in the Stamp Creek area from dark until 1 a.m.. Set up in the channel in 32 feet of water over brush. The bite came after ten o'clock and all fish were caught between sixteen and twenty-one feet deep. We ended up with nineteen crappie(twelve were keepers) and two channel cats. Overall, had alot of fun. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default good night on the water

Glad to hear you you had a good night. It does sound like the bite is picking up. The stamp creek area is heavy with crappie not the biggest but good numbers. I'll have to give it a try soon. Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Default stamp creek

Where did you set up. I've had good luck where Little river and Whetstone creek meet into the main channel.