Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crappiefest Dinner

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappiefest Dinner

I've been thinking that with 60 t0 90 people coming to crappiefest. It's going to take a lot of fish and a lot of cooking.

If you all would be interested in a pot luck dinner. Everybody bring something.

There's going to be limited time in between the morning tournament and going back out for the clash. And it would be nice to have as much time as possible to socialize.

What do you all think
    Thanks
    Last edited by beagler; 09-18-2007 at 09:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

will there be any place close by we could eat? with a crowd that large, the logistics of puttin a fish fry on is gonna be pretty big and expensive and since theres no fees associated with the clash, someones gonna have to pay for it so it would suit me just fine to eat somewhere locally. that or charge a fee for eating at the fish fry. thats still a little iffy, not knowing how many you will have there. weve had a lot of fun jackjawing about the fish fry, but if theres someplace localy folks can eat it would be a whole lot easier on you guys. when we had the clashes with nc, at both events there was places to eat closeby so those that wanted to eat before fishing could do so. whatever you guys wanna do will be fine with us. eating out is gonna be a whole lot easier on everyone and gets my nod. those thats camping down there will have their hands full providing for themselves for several days without worrying about all those thats coming to fish the nightstalk...
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Im ok with what works for everyone else. A fish fry is a big undertaking. A cooler with samwichs sounds good to me, not as good as fresh fish tho. Im all for hangin at the campground after the morning tourny and is probally what we will do, eat what we bring. I'll be there when others get back from the resturant.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to welch out on any responsibilities or work or anything, sounds like with this many people coming it would be easier to let everyone fend for themselves. There is a fish house (buffet style) in Elberton for the crowd that wants it, along with the regular typical fast food places or for the ones that wants to just bring their food and eat at camp. With the morning tourney going on, people scouting on the lake, napping during the day, and the clash that night doesnt leave much time if we're doing a big meal at the park. The fish fry does sound good but that's alot of work. I vote we think of something else other than spending the day cooking.....I'd much rather shoot the bull and get to meet everyone instead of cooking myself. :D But I'll do either/or. Just let me know.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    Not trying to welch out on any responsibilities or work or anything, sounds like with this many people coming it would be easier to let everyone fend for themselves. There is a fish house (buffet style) in Elberton for the crowd that wants it, along with the regular typical fast food places or for the ones that wants to just bring their food and eat at camp. With the morning tourney going on, people scouting on the lake, napping during the day, and the clash that night doesnt leave much time if we're doing a big meal at the park. The fish fry does sound good but that's alot of work. I vote we think of something else other than spending the day cooking.....I'd much rather shoot the bull and get to meet everyone instead of cooking myself. :D But I'll do either/or. Just let me know.
    the folks on my boat is used to sawmill dinners. i dont know where the idea about a fish fry come from but it sounds good to me to let it be a general custer meal. "every man for himself"
    Last edited by rango; 09-19-2007 at 10:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I know there's a resturant between hwy 72 landing and elberton, its on the water with a marina on beaver creek i think but I'm not sure of the name. It maybe out of the way from where the launch ramp is for the clash.

I wasn't going to be able to come to the fish fry anyway we'll pick-up something on the way. Catching big slabs on a full stomach can be tuff to do:D so team stumpjumper will be eating light on clash day. :D
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper
    I know there's a resturant between hwy 72 landing and elberton, its on the water with a marina on beaver creek i think but I'm not sure of the name. It maybe out of the way from where the launch ramp is for the clash.

I wasn't going to be able to come to the fish fry anyway we'll pick-up something on the way. Catching big slabs on a full stomach can be tuff to do:D so team stumpjumper will be eating light on clash day. :D
    ive also found over the years that the crew works much better on a empty gut. now the captain, thats a different story. i may take a cooker and when and if they get hungry, get ot to whup up a mess of fish for em.. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Rango, if I remember some of the past posts correctly your crew is more out to be eating pickled feet and eggs. Seems I remotely remember people talking about the odors coming from the beast?!? Now I know as a capt. you gotta maintain a certain order amongst your crew and keep 'em strong enough for slab-catching, but no need in spoiling 'em over one clash feeding 'em better'n they are used to! Yep! I'd say the pickled eggs and pig feet will do good 'nuff. We can pick 'em up some at the buffet. :D :D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides, if you feed that big crew you bringing too much then OT and that turd bucket is probably gonna be TOO CLOSE to somebody onboard that Beast when he has to use it!:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    Besides, if you feed that big crew you bringing too much then OT and that turd bucket is probably gonna be TOO CLOSE to somebody onboard that Beast when he has to use it!:D :D :D
    :D :D :D If I were on the beast, I would request the opposite end from the bucket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast