Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wylie wed nightstalk 9/17/07

Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie wed nightstalk 9/17/07

me, davey, micheal and ot hooked up at the busterboyd last night for our first nightstalk for crappie in a loooong while.. all but one ramp was closed but we dint have any problem unloading the boat on it. the weather man was calling for light and variable winds, but if hed been on the lake hed be the first to agree he dint know what he was talking about. we finally found a quiet place up in mill creek that looked productive on the lowrance. lots of fish showing so we hooked the anchors in the mud and set up. after everyone got done with all their welcome back farting, we discovered most of the minnows dead in the buckets. we salvaged enough to get by with and put em out. the crappie bite was slow to nonexistant till towards the end of the night when we picked up some nice fish. the catfish and perch kept us occupied til then and ot caught a couple bass, one of em looked like about a 3 pounder. ot won all three hours on the hourly pool we usually run at night. i had put new line on my reels and dint reset the drag on one and a couple pound catfish run downtown with my bait and before i could get the drag tightend enough to reign him in, hed got wrapped around 5 of my rigs and 4 of daveys. it took the scissors to straighten out that mess but we got er done..:D. we quit at 11, opting to come on in since the bite was so slow. davey caught one crappie that could be called a slab and i think ot did to.. the rest of the crappie was small to midsized. we wound up with 7 or 8 crappie, that many or more catfish, a mess of perch and ots two bass. it was good to be back on the water flexing our nightstalking muscles. we got down there and back safely so the souped up horseshoes the beast is wearing is working their charms as there was some deer run across the road about a half hour before we reached the crossing point and some more run across last night sometime after wed passed coming home :D
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by rango; 09-13-2007 at 07:37 AM.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to see you got O.T. back on the water and got his nerves settled down.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that you were able to get the stink blowed off you and caught some fish too. Did you leave any minnows in the Beast for old Tom?

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, i sorta feel bad about it in a way as he wore out 3 phones calling me trying to talk me into making a nightstalk. but he was happy again last night and sharp as a tack on his rods....the pic is from last night. i was tied up with mine and daveys 9 rod tangle when he caught his bass and dint thnk to get the camera out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder8
    I'm glad that you were able to get the stink blowed off you and caught some fish too. Did you leave any minnows in the Beast for old Tom?
    yeah, i slipped some in a corner for him. i noticed while ago hed cleaned em up. you ready for a trip one night next week?

Post Thanks / Like

y'all had a good time and caught a mixed bag. I figured the water temps would be a little cooler up in your neck of the woods.