Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: natchez trace state park

Post Thanks / Like

Default natchez trace state park

Hope to be able to start back to fishing in a week or so. And was wondering about the lakes around the park.
    Like pin oak and browns.
    How are the boat ramps? I have a 20ft war-eagle and was wondering how it would do on them? AS I hope to cheat and use the Humminbird 987c-SI to mark waypoints on any and all trees and beds out in the open water parts of the lakes.
    Also guessing there all a no wake lake?
    Any info at all would be of great help. Plan on taking the GPS and drive to each one and look around before pulling the boat up to them.
    Hope to start fishing all the small lakes like those within an hour or so of Adamsville.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been to Pin Oak, but Brown's creek ramp is ok but sorta small. I've caught lots of crappie there but never anything to write home about. You have a variety of water depths to choose from with a fair amount of blow down and some old stumps in spots. The max depth I've found was 31 feet next to a nice drop off just off a point down into the old creek bed across from the levee.

And yeppers, Browns creek and Maple creek are no wake lakes. If you get caught zipping around they'll tag you for it in a heartbeat along with having any undersize fish.

By the way, Browns is used by the TWRA as a stocking source for large channels and blues when they're needed for breeders in other lakes.
    Last edited by Catwagon; 09-12-2007 at 09:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. We will have to talk when we are pouring sinkers at Pickwick in a few weeks.
    Also are you getting to the camp grounds on Thursday or Friday?
    Also I like the idle on part. No fools out there on wave runners that way. What is the limit and length on those lakes?
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there Friday morning =)

Crappie are 30 a day and 10 inches min.
    Blues and channels are 5 a day with no length limit.

If I knew when you were coming I'd try to meet you there and help you launch and load so you wouldn't have to do it yourself. I like going out there despite the pathetic catfish limit because it's generally very quiet and peaceful. Nice place to sit back and relax. I've seen times during the week when only one or two boats showed up the whole day. It's busier on the weekends of course.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catwagon
    I'll be there Friday morning =)

Crappie are 30 a day and 10 inches min.
    Blues and channels are 5 a day with no length limit.

If I knew when you were coming I'd try to meet you there and help you launch and load so you wouldn't have to do it yourself. I like going out there despite the pathetic catfish limit because it's generally very quiet and peaceful. Nice place to sit back and relax. I've seen times during the week when only one or two boats showed up the whole day. It's busier on the weekends of course.
    Hey Steve,

How is Clyde doing? Have you made the sex change on him yet?
    How is the servo mod going? You know where to find me if you need help.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catwagon

By the way, Browns is used by the TWRA as a stocking source for large channels and blues when they're needed for breeders in other lakes.
    When I was a kid me and my dad would put out jugs on Browns and catch cats in the 30lb range. Yeah that was a wild experience for me having a fish as big as me in the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve,

How is Clyde doing? Have you made the sex change on him yet?
    How is the servo mod going? You know where to find me if you need help.
    Clyde is fine and hogging one side of my garage as we speak. Every once in a while when I go outside for something I catch him staring at me. It's sorta spooky, LOL. The servo mod is done and it turned out really well mechanically. I only used two stand-offs to mount it but it's solid as can be although it's not as pretty as the first version with the fly reel was. As you know the teeth didn't go all the way around the shaft on the servo I bought. So instead of buying a new servo I just recut another gear which was a major pain in the hiney since it was so darn small. It works fine and dandy now though.

Ah the sex change. Nope, not yet. I've been trying to get my other three boats and motors up to snuff so I can sell two of them off and fish in the other. (By the way, that fifty horse I rewired runs like a scalded ape). Back on topic though.... Clyde with undergo the gender reassignment pretty soon and she should be quite a head turner after I've completed my evil task, muhahahaha!

I've held off on bothering you since I figured you'd be out partying with all the rich and famous folk and then galavanting off to all those high-falutin' foreign destinations. Just as soon as I start on him I'll be quite happy to call you up and ask you which direction all the "D" cells are supposed to point in this critter. I've had alot of time to just sit and study on this boat/robot and it's built so well that any modifications made to it will have to be very well thought out and executed so as not to take away from it as a whole.

When I was a kid me and my dad would put out jugs on Browns and catch cats in the 30lb range. Yeah that was a wild experience for me having a fish as big as me in the boat.
    They're still in there. I jug there occasionally and have lost several jugs to the bigger cats.
    Last edited by Catwagon; 09-13-2007 at 09:33 PM.