Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wateree 09/08

Post Thanks / Like

Default wateree 09/08

me and a friend hit wateree about 6pm, catching bait was easy,weather was nice and the bite was ok, first fish a gar around 4' around 15lb, then the blues started first fish 16lb even, second fish 15lb 8oz, then my friend caught his biggest catfish ever a 45lb 12 oz hog , went for two hours no more bites moved down lake caught 2 more little blues less than 5 lb. moved for last time set up in 27' of water ,five minutes after set up caught a 31lb 7oz pig ,after that no more bites pulled up anchors and headed home around 3am ,not many fish but well worth the trip all fish still swimming. (and i dont mean in grease)
    flopeye it was nice to meet you ,i am sure i will see you out their again just drop in and say hello. bowlerman (jeff)

Post Thanks / Like

great catch bowler man, how did you catch your bait and what type was it. I have to try those big blues when i get back.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

hey drill instructor , we caught threadfin and gizzard shad using a cast net around the grass and the rocks,the weird thing was we caught all the big blues on tiny shad not much more than a 1 1/2" long , we put big chuncks of gizzard shad and big chunks of bream on and they wouldn't touch it, and that is usually not the case, sometimes you just got to try everything , the only reason we even used the small bait was to try to catch a perch or two for bait, but that was the bait the big fish wanted and the small fish weren't biting so the big fish had a chance to find it.

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch bowlerman,sounds like a good time,glad ya got on some good ones

Post Thanks / Like

Yep,We had all big bait last night,and the Bullheads loved! It bes like that some nights.Great catch!.Glad you didnt take my money last night lMAO,Good to met you also,heading that way now,will be in your spot in 25 mintues.

Post Thanks / Like

Bowlerman it sounds like you have found a good combination down there. Those are some good catches, and the 45 pounder is the biggest one I have seen caught lately, so the big fish bite might be picking up. If there was some water moving it would be even better.

Post Thanks / Like

"...not many fish but well worth the trip all fish still swimming. (and i dont mean in grease)..."

Real men release them because they know they will catch them again!! Nice job brotha!!

If you keep snatching fish that size out of there you better not show up for any of the tournaments or some folks might not enter!! LOL!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have never had a real Black pot stew,with snapper,Big cat,and chicken in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Bowler Man, did you anchor only or did you try some drifting? I heard the drift bite has picked up on the mid lake at Wateree.

Post Thanks / Like

i was anchored, i was fishing the drops in front of the feeder creeks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast