Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murray's Hot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Murray's Hot

Getting ready for the Yacht Cove annual Homeowners STRIPER TOURNAMENT. Sat 9/08 Went out Tue and Wed caught ,the limit both days trolling,in about 3 hours. Caught some real nice fishs, they were deep about 10 colors down. The heat has really got them biting at the towers

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report striperdog. good to hear from you and hope you recovering from your surgery ok. when rayford sees this post hell be wanting to come down :D
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

whats the water level like on murray,mainly around the ramps at the dam,may be going down this weekend and give em a go,was just wondering if the ramps still had enough water to launch my toon in,usually they are pretty good,just havent heard any water level reports from murray,thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Had no trouble last weekend, ramp at the dam had enough water to launch. Let us know how you do if you get to go. No fishing for us this weekend,we will be dove hunting.

Post Thanks / Like

Striperdogg,
    What do you use mostly to troll with? I've been trying umbrella rigs with spinner baits and catching a few but not very many. Also, what type of boat do you have if you don't mind me asking.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 18ft pontoon 25hp four stroke. I troll with 1oz spro bucktail jigs in white or white and green with a hawgcaller trailer in pearl or line/char color

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard from a couple of folks they are catching good stipers down there right now at night.

Post Thanks / Like

How many rods do you troll with at one time striperdogg? Have you had any luck with the umbrellas?

Post Thanks / Like

I did great all summer on downrods but did not get a single pull down in the last two trips. I have been all over fish but they just wont hit. I am using herring on down rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I troll with 4 rods. I have used umbrellas,but not a fan In fact I have not used them in years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast