Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: As low as reelfoot is ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default As low as reelfoot is ?

As low as the lake is right now and probably will go lower without much rain. Does anyone think the crappie masters tourney could be cancalled or rescheduled due to how many people are saying how dangerous it is right now. Just your thoughts from guys that live down there. Thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like

That was the exact question I asked Paul when I called him last week.The lake is low and there's alot stumps that are exposed that normally arent.He said they have no plans to cancel.Actually for the jig fisherman it could be a better tournament.Ronnie Capps was saying alot of his good stumps are exposed now that are normally hidden.The dnr is supposed to be working on making the shallow ramps more accessible for the bigger boats.

Post Thanks / Like

naw they wont cancel but they will have to have winch boats there for sure. If you go slow and take your time you ll be fine
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tourney...

I think that this would level the playing field for some of the fishermen. I agree, the biggest problem is the ramps. They have got to do something about them...they are pitiful!! As for the fishing, it should be good. We just need some rain to replenish the oxygen level and cool the water.

Later,
    cypress
    "I fish...therefore I lie." Where's the Copenhagen?

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you there Cypress.I might have to find me a lil 16 footer to bring and leave my 20 at home.You guys can have all the rain weve been getting up here.Lake Rathbun got 12 inches of rain last Friday night in just one storm.Our lakes level are going through the ceiling.There is alot of time between now and October.See ya all then.

Post Thanks / Like

Reply I got from Bobby at Crappiemasters:
    We are keeping an eye on it and discussing the alternatives.
    Another lake is out of the question. Re-scheduling would be the solution
    and we will be discussing that regularly as we get closer to the date.
    Lets hope for lots of rain...or just any rain at this point!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

If they reschedule I hope they plan on people who wont be able to make it and to reimburse people for deposits they have put on rooms!!

Post Thanks / Like

Normally...and this has been an unormal year...normally we start getting some good rains by the middle of Sept. If we could just get a couple of 4-6" rains it would help. Mind you the lake level would not increase much, however the fishing would take off. I personally have not been on the 'Foot in over a month. I know of a few which have and they have either been fighting the stumps or no fish to amount to anything. Just not worth it right now. You could really mess up a good boat and motor right now...and I know the lake pretty darn well.

Later,
    cypress
    "I fish...therefore I lie." Where's the Copenhagen?

Post Thanks / Like

Its gonna rain but its still gonna be low. If you take your time you'll be fine no matter what size boat you have
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It is raining now. Slow steady rain. Won't help the lake level, but it will lower the temp.