Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keowee

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keowee

Me and mighty minnow went out to Keowee last night and had a nice relaxing night on the water. Mainly because there was almost no boat traffic and the fish would not bite. One crappie and two small cats. But we still enjoyed it. It was only our second trip out this year the first one was on Bowen and it was mainly for some kids we took. And either we are really good or lucky the bottom dropped out as we we pulled the boat out of the water. So I guess the combo of 88degree water and a storm comming in they just would not bite. But we still had a better chance of catching a mess on the lake instead of sitting at home. Can not wait to try again.

Post Thanks / Like

well you got some R&R and caught a few. Your right better then I have done lately"sitting home". thanks for sharing with us.

Post Thanks / Like

don't feel bad. I've fished Keowee twice in the past month and had about the same result as yourself. Keowee is my favorite lake to fish but when the dog days of summer come and the pleasure boaters are obnoxious, fish are few and far between. I can't wait for february, that is when things really turn on. By the way, what arm of the lake were you fishing?

Mity Minnow Guest

Default Keowee lake

Funfishing and myself were at the mouth of Eastatoe river up at the north end of the lake. It is a little ways from the fall creek landing but they are some slabs up there. We did not get into them this time but just needed a quiet night on the water anyway so it worked out just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I had heard there were some slabs up in that area but have never tried it. I'll probably give it a shot in Feb. or March. I like the chances of catching some trout in that area as well. I mainly fish Stamp Creek and Crowe Creek. There are some slabs in Crowe creek. A good night on the water will rejuvenate the soul.

Post Thanks / Like

Default crow creek

I tried Crow creek one time and got skunked but it was the first time in that area and I do not remember what the weather was like or what time of year it was. Plus I had a couple of kids with me and they got stir crazy quick and I do not think I stayed long enough. I want to try it some more it's nice and close to the landing. I think it was you that told me about the area across from the new clubhouse. I'm sure that whole area in general is good. The mity minnow and I also think it's just to hot right now. Be a good time to hit some brim beds though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funfishing
    I tried Crow creek one time and got skunked but it was the first time in that area and I do not remember what the weather was like or what time of year it was. Plus I had a couple of kids with me and they got stir crazy quick and I do not think I stayed long enough. I want to try it some more it's nice and close to the landing. I think it was you that told me about the area across from the new clubhouse. I'm sure that whole area in general is good. The mity minnow and I also think it's just to hot right now. Be a good time to hit some brim beds though.
    Any decent brim fishing in Keowee?

Post Thanks / Like

Default brim

I've caught a lot of nice ones in Keowee but not many at one time but then again I have not really went to just fish for brim at the right times. Most of the time it was just when I was able to take my nephew and we would always catch a few enough to have a good time and make a meal or two. The rest of the times I've fished for brim I was there in the day for pleasure and would fish just enough to catch few. But I will say I have caught many big enough to fillet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funfishing
    It was only our second trip out this year the first one was on Bowen and it was mainly for some kids we took.
    Do you fish Bowen often? Is it a good crappie lake?

I live close enough to give it a try if I can get an encouraging word about the crappie.

Hw is it?

Mity Minnow Guest

Default Bowen

It has a lot of crappie in it they are just small for the most part. I have seen some poeple pull some nice ones out of there at some tournements but I do not know what part of the lake they fished at. But if the lake is close to you it's worth a short trip to get a mess of small ones. And if you start catching some slabs out of it let me know where they are hidding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast