Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot around Labor day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot around Labor day

I'm heading up there and was wondering how the fishing has been.We are going to stay at Eagles nest's big cabin and was figured to fish close to there.I thought about maybe running some yo-yo's for cats and maybe fishing for some yellow bass but havn't heard much of anything other than Reelfoot.coms report at the first of the month.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Um...better call.

Not sure if you will even need a boat...you probably could walk across the stumps on the lake to fish your spots... I talked to SouthShore resort about a week ago and they have stopped renting boats...too dangerous...in fact, their boats are sitting in mud..no water in the slips...Eagles nest is different, they put theirs ON the docks...and they have had next to nothing in regards to rain since then....you may do good out in the deep water if you can get there (if your renting)...Cracker68 said a buddy of his had to "swim"...yes "swim" to tie a wench on another stump just to get his boat off of one....they will be grouped up with the water so dang low....be careful out there....good luck, let us know how you did. try some lilly pads out by Rat Island "early" in the am when oxygen in the pads is optimum...it's a good spot back there....

Bails

Post Thanks / Like

Bring a small boat. Hard to get a 17' boat loaded with gear, off a stump and there are alot of stumps.

Alot of those stumps haven't seen daylight in no telling how long.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't had rain here in about 2 months. If we don't get some serious rain soon, the water will be so low over most of Reelfoot that you might find Jimmy Hoffa. Plus the water temps are very high too. I bet the mocs are even hating this weather.

Post Thanks / Like

My boat is a 16 foot xpress and I really on planned to fish around the shore near where we are staying. We are staying at the big cabin that Eagles nest owns just before you get into Samburg. I was going to put in at the public ramp near there just up from Boardmans resort.

I thought about running some yo-yo's in some cypress if I can find some in some deep enough water but mainly was going to break out my ultra-light get some pin minnows and just fish for yellow bass. I saw at the first off the month they were biting good but last time I checked reelfot.com's fishing report he said he had no report on them but figured they would be biting fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Friend of mine said the other day they were catching alot of stripes around green island point of the east/south side. good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Bring you a push pole. might come in handy.

I bet when the Big Crappie tourney gets here, somebody will try to put a big ole ranger in and that sucker will be there for awhile.

Get The Net

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament

I can,t beleive they are going to have the tournament there---from what you people talk about the boat ramps must be about out of the water
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah someone will put thier boat in and make a new crappie bed for us to fish.If the water dont change between now and duck season I feel for the ones that hunts it too not only the ones that fish it.
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/luckyshorses/?start=0[/url]
    Hook em and bring em in the boat.
    Boys look at them bouncing juggs lets get them in the boat.
    3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake SGT of Arms.

Post Thanks / Like

Check this thread. And remember there STILL hasn't been any rain.
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=45163

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast